Saturday, April 3, 2010

Saturday so far

I keep feeling like today is Sunday and it is a great feeling that it is Saturday.  I woke up at 10:30 when Dave woke me up.  I was up until about 3:15. I fell asleep watching the Biggest Loser. I didn't go upstairs until 4am though.

I then read the internet until I was caught up on emails, blogs, and facebook.  It took until 11:30 or so.  Then I got a load of laundry in and headed out for my run.  I noticed the neighbors had a bouncy house and kids in it.  I called Dave to tell him but he didn't answer. I had to leave a message.   I found this odd because Dave told me to text him when I'm making my loop so he could watch for me and then would know I wasn't dead.

Well the run didn't turn out so well. I did run in that other housing plan for the first time.  I really like running places I've run before. I like knowing what to expect so at least next time I'll have this under my belt.
I only did the loop 1 time that I was going to do 3 times but then I did a small loop around my house (that is .6 or so).


I got back and was so thirsty. I knew I should have had something to drink before I ran. Oops. I did almost call Dave asking him to bring water to the end of the driveway and then I would drink and keep running.



After I got back I spent an hour typing in my numbers and trying to figure out how far each stretch on each road was.  I'm .02 off. I think that's pretty close.   I felt like I was running so slow but I actually ran faster than I'm used to.  I had a close call with a car. It was the worst time to meet a car. It was over a peak of a hill. Luckily I heard the stupid car and also heard him beeping his horn. I about dove off the road.  This was on Butler Street Extension.

I like the loop I run now. The hills aren't bad at all. I think I should run at the track sometimes because that is flat. I like the consistency of knowing 1 lap, how it's flat, and how it's way better on my knees than pavement.   Last year I ran on the track every time I ran. This year I haven't run once on it.

Gowear data
Then we decided it was lunch time. Well the Pizza would take 45 minutes so I thought I'd use the exercise bike and finish watching the biggest loser while it cooked.  Timmy called just as I was starting to use the bike. I talked to him the entire 32 minutes I used the bike.  I still think my physical activity duration for today will be low. I also won't have enough steps in.  The bike usage went quickly while on the phone but I went slower than normal since I was on the phone.

I burned 319 calories during my run. I burned 136 on the exercise bike.

Then we ate and watched Trauma. Man that show is good.  We then turned on Kitchen Nightmares. I love this show too.  I stretched a little while watching this.  My right side is much more flexible than my left. I need to work on this. I always say this but I don't work on it.
The supreme pizza. I didn't think I'd like it. It was good. 
I had Dave take my picture stretching and he also took this.

This side needs to be more flexible
We paused the show because the neighbor (farmer behind us) is using his bull dozer to tear down some trees.   I went and got my good camera to take pictures. I actually uploaded the pictures of the tree/bulldozer so I could post them.  I hadn't uploaded since before February 6 and I also rarely used that camera so I think the last upload was December 26.
Taken before we knew they were tearing down trees.







As Dave took this he said "Polytechnician"




Taken from upstairs to get a new vantage point.

Here is the album if you want to see the pictures larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment