Monday, April 19, 2010

Other Sunday Details

I woke up and played on the computer. I wanted to crop pictures but I didn't get to that.  I get a call from Liza about directions to North Park and then she tells me she's bringing 2 friends.  This really stressed me out.  I figured I'd be the odd man out.  I was super stressed. Dave kept making me more worried about it telling me they would all be faster than me and I wouldn't be able to keep up.

I got to leave at 11 to get there at 11:30 and it is raining.  What luck. I don't have rain gear.  I also can't find my one glove good for the iphone so I can do splits. I found 0 right gloves and I use the phone in my right hand. I found 2 of those left gloves though.

I got there at 11:25.  Liza got there at 11:35 and that was actually perfect because 10 seconds earlier it stopped raining.

The plan was 10 miles.  That's 2 laps.  After we started at about mile 1 I thought for sure I wouldn't keep up. At 2 I figured there was no way.  Then I sucked it up more, but all of 3 and 4 I figured I would just last until 5 miles and then not be able to keep up with everyone.

At 5 I thought maybe I'll stick it out until 6.  At 6 I thought maybe 7.  At 7 we decided that at mile 9 we would slow down so I figured I didn't have that much more to go. Then we said at 10 we'd speed up again though.

I stayed with them the entire way. I totally impressed myself. I never thought I'd run 10 miles in 90:01... never in a million years.  After I got home I realized it was 10.16 not 10 so I even did better than a 9 min mile pace.

The weather was only 39 degrees so it was good for running.  My face didn't turn that red.

Before I even left the park I sent text messages to what runner friends I could think of to brag about my time.
30 min after run
I got home and emailed other friends about my good time. Too bad more people don't care.   Now I have so much more confidence about this half marathon in less than 2 weeks. My Thursday mile pace was 10:03 so I was getting all depressed about being slow.

My blister foot hurt while running. The skin is weird. The blister is from my orthotic hitting it weird while running.

My toes are so ugly... I painted them so you can't see the discolored nail but you can still tell that the left big toe doesn't grow past half way.  You can almost even tell in this picture that that nail is 4 layers thick.  I'm pretty sure 3 other nails aren't growing anymore either.  My right big toe nail broke and is growing under the nail there.
Also look at that bunion.
Running is ruining my feet.  Dress shoes are also ruining my feet.

I spent time actually typing in my splits. I didn't hit split every time the first few miles because I tried to talk and not seem like a huge numbers person. Then they even commented that I'm really into times so I figured I might as well go all out.

I iced my shins. I did my theraband exercises for my shins.  I iced my hip.

I showered, got dressed quickly, and then it was time to head to dinner for my mom's birthday.  We went to the Hofbrauhaus. It was the first time we were there.  I got smoked porkchops.

I left my leftovers on the table. That made me so mad.
Then we get to the parking garage and Dave's wallet ruined the parking garage ticket. The magnetic strip wouldn't work.  So we ended up having to pay the lost ticket fee of $15.  Signs there said the max on Sunday is $3. Sucks.  Dinner was expensive too.

I got home and we might have watched TV. I made my blog post, then I did work.   I did work until 1:15 am for all this stuff that was to be done for work.  I did not get as much done as I wanted.  Programs were slow so I gave up doing some things.   Since I was up so late, I gave up going to spinning in the morning but I was for sure going to wake up "early" to get to work to get the rest of my work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment