Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wednesday

My pictures aren't uploaded from today so there will only be the ones from my mac on here. I might add them tomorrow though.

This morning I had my fitness assessment. My last one was at the end of October. There was somewhat of a fitness assessment at the beginning of the blaster challenge 6 weeks ago.
I improved my how many pushups I could do in 1 minute. August 9, 2009 I did some decline pushups.  I don't know how to embed a youtube video so I just liked to one.  I was surprised I improved since my chest and back are sore from Body Pump on Tuesday.

My sheet is at work but I think I did 66 pushups in 1 minute, 63 crunches, and went 33 inches for flexibility.  Last time I had 54 (October) or 60 (blaster challenge) for pushups, and 60 (October) or 54 (Blaster challenge) for crunches.   In October my flexibility for the sit and reach was 32.5 inches so I guess at least I improved. I'm about the 50th percentile.    The test also includes body fat percentage. I'm about the same at about 20% (19.6 and last time it was 19.4 but there is error so rounds).  I also do the walk a mile text for oxygen  like vomax or something and that was good again.

Then I went to work.  Today was National Start walking at lunch day or something. They have a competition going between all the companies in my plaza at work.  So I went out to walk the 1.6 mile loop and listen to the opening remarks.  Well I met a friend who I've talked to a few times and we decided to walk 2 laps. Plus it's about .25-.35 mi to get to opening remarks to and get back to the building after. so We walked about 3.8 or so.
Taken with photobooth on my mac
I kind of felt like I got sunburned but didn't think much of it.   Well I was.  It didn't look that bad.

Then around 5:30 I decided I wanted to rush down and get downstairs for chiseled core and then run after.  I got there early so I used the stepper but only for 3 minutes. I probably had enough time for 5.  Then I did 15 minutes of chiseled core. It was rough but it is good.  Then I spent 15 minutes talking. ugh on my part but talking is fun.   I talked about my sunburn since I had on a tank top at the gym.  At work I had on a sweater so then it was harder to tell that my shoulders were so burnt.   I decided I need sunscreen for my gym bag.  It was about 6:20 before I started running.   I only ran 1 lap because I'm a loser. I really wanted to run 2 but I felt like I was going in slow motion again. I think since I already did so much today.  My graining plan says cross training or 3 miles. Well I ran 2 miles and I did cross training 3 other times before the run.  It was really a little over 2 miles and I did it in 20:47. I am not sure if there was another time I just did 1 lap or not. I will have to check out my screen shots.

I looked so awful after running. My face was bright red. Then I also had all the burn redness. I see someone I know going toward the elevator. I was going to take the steps but he was talking so I took the elevator. We talked for awhile and it was hard to stay concentrated since I knew how awful I looked.  I called Dave to ask what we were doing for dinner. I looked so bad that I said I would only do drive through. He wanted DiBella's. Well they know me there so I figured it was OK to look gross.  Well as soon as I walk in the one employee says "Hi Colleen. What can I get for you today?"  so i guess they really do KNOW me there.  Then I told her about how I was only willing to go there when looking gross.    Now mind you I hate my hoagie every time I get it there. I am so sick of hoagies.  I get it for Dave. Sometimes I don't even get me one.

I got home and made steamfresh vegetables for me.  I had 1/4 of a medium hoagie and 1/2 a bag of mixed vegetables.  Then I had half the mini $2.99 chocolate peanut butter cake we bought the other day.  Then I had chips with dip.

After I ate I spent 2 hours trying to do work. Software was hating me and things were freezing. I don't have faith in the results I got and it should have taken me 5 minutes to get good results.

I watched an entire episode of American Idol and some of Fridge while doing work.   I can't believe Big Mike was the one "voted" off.  Luckily the judges saved him.  Yesterday I tweeted that I wasn't voting so I hoped Big Mike wasn't in the bottom 2.  Looks Like I have to vote next week.
I really don't even know if he's that good of a singer but I like that he's a big guy.

Tomorrow I made plans with a coworker to go running at lunch. Her husband is out of town and she's having trouble getting workouts in since she has a 3 yr old and a 6 yr old.  Then I go to body pump 5-6pm. After that I committed to someone else that I would do the Body Blaster video after pump with him since he couldn't get to the one at lunch.   It will be a busy day for me... plus I have my first group meeting with my new group tomorrow and I have to do a ton of other work and have meetings like I always do on Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment