Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Short Run

I went on a little short run this morning before the snow or rain.  My hips are still a little sore from the long run and just in general. I set out to do 1.5 miles. I thought I might do 2 but for some reason my knee started hurting 3/4 of a mile into it.  I stuck close by so I just did the 1.5. I iced my knee afterwards.

My goal was 8:40 pace. So each split my goal was 2:10. My first split was 2:10 and my next one was 2:13 so I already had seconds to make up.  My slowest split was the split that included running up the hill at Horizon Court. I figured that'd be the worst.  The next split was 2:09 so at least I had bonus seconds again.

Next time I run around my house, my goal will be 8:30.  Most of the time that I run around my house my pace is between 8:45 and 9:30.  One other time I ran 1.55 miles and my pace was 8:18. I guess I should have pushed more today.  The weather was much better that time though (I'm good at finding excuses). If I do 1.5ish again I need to beat 8:18 pace. So I have a new goal there too.

3 comments:

  1. How do you push yourself to go harder? Especially with the hills around your neighborhood...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job getting out there. I hope your knee feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I don't know. You just try a little harder and decide to make it slightly uncomfortable or to get slightly more out of breath. You push off more with your feet versus just moving them.

    ReplyDelete