Thursday, February 16, 2012

On This Date in History: February 16, 2010

On February 16, 2010, I spun around in my car (the same red Chevrolet  Malibu Maxx that I currently have).  I was on my way to work. I was stopped at the red light on 3 Degree Road. The light turns green and I'm about to move like the red arrow is, when all of a sudden I continue turning counter clockwise and end up facing like the blue arrow.  The roads didn't even seem that bad. I was going what I thought was really slowly.  I guess I was wrong.  Luckily there were no cars because I took up both lanes. Someone was coming down 228 which should have been the opposite way as me but they saw my troubles and kept their distance. A UPS truck was coming down 3 Degree Road to the light on the opposite side of 228 and he stayed at the light and didn't try to turn at all. He had half a rotation of the green light left too.

I then edged over and waited at the light and turned right back down 3 Degree Road.  I turned around in the school and pulled back out on 3 Degree Road.  I was at the light again.  I knew better this time because of my last mishap.

The light turns green and I edge super slowly onto 228.  I start spinning again.  This time I didn' totally flip around because the butt of my car got stuck in a snowbank on the edge of the road. I was at a 50 degree angle from where I should have been facing.  I was good enough to continue on the road the appropriate way.  I continued to work.

Further down 228, a car was sideways.  Another car had it's flashers on but it was mainly facing the correct direction.

BTW my road was perfectly clean and so was Ridge Road. Those are the 2 roads I can see from my house.  I thought it all was good but leave it to the state maintained road to not be in good shape.

My car turned over to 25,000 miles on my way to work but I missed it. I didn't notice until 25,001. I wasn't paying attention it because I was focused on paying attention to the roads and my driving.

Now that I'm older and wiser, if I ever spin around again, I will go back home instead of trying to get to work a 2nd time.

No comments:

Post a Comment