Sunday, December 12, 2010

30 for 30 FYI

Click photo to enlarge to a size where you can actually see the outfits
I completed the 30 for 30 Challenge. I also did 2 bonus outfits. I thought I only did 1 but apparently when you are really behind on posting, you can't count either.
I have only posted up to outfit 30 individually so far. I will catch up. I will also post a summary. I just wanted to let everyone know that I didn't quit and that I completed it.

I wore a lot more red than I expected.  I also didn't wear some things as often as I thought I would.  Good thing I ironed the khaki skirt so that I could wear it.

I had to force myself to wear clothes outside my 30 for 30 for day 33 and Day 34.  I guess they are really post 30 for 30 day 1 and post 30 for 30 day 2 (or days 3 and 4 depending on how you look at it)

This challenge was so much easier this time around.  I think it was due to a few reasons:

  1. Including jeans for the weekends and telecommuting days
  2. Having a lot more that I could layer with
  3. Having it near Christmas so I didn't feel bad wearing red every other day.
  4. Including 2 dresses that are versatile (even though I didn't wear them much, they were always backups)
  5. Accessorizing with tights this time around.
I wore tights 9 times. I'm proud of myself. I didn't even hate them every time.

What are your favorites?

8 comments:

  1. I think I like 29 the best. I love the tights! I asked for some for Christmas, hopoefully I get them :-). I also find it very impressive that its taken standing in the snow, so you get bonus points for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress shrunk so now I don't think I can wear it to work unless I stretch it out :(

    So you liked black tights with black shoes? Also those were sweatery and had a pattern but you can't tell in the picture.

    Also I guess I get bonus points for almost all pictures after December 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the red! Layering definitely helps. The tights work really well, too! (I love the red ones)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red ones were so bold that I barely believed my eyes. Also the red didn't match my read cardigan so well but boy did they match my red coat. http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Vn00gzeasg84Y0glUkHfa2isFmPJRfbPMfbHOUphy0E?feat=directlink
    I will post about that sooner.

    I wish there were more people around here who dressed up a little and weren't wearing black and gray all the time.

    Also thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did great! I like all the red - especially the one with the blue(?) pencil skirt and red cardigan.
    I am STILL wearing all 30 for 30 clothes..Yikes. I guess that's what happens when you get used to the clothes, right?

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, thanks. If you are referring to the 2nd row pencil skirt and cardigan that is actually a gray skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite is the red pants, black tank, white cardi and red belt! It's so cute and sleek and festive! Great looks and congrats on accomplishing the full remix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks
    It was a black tee and part of my 30 for 30. If not for 30 for 30, I would have worn a basic black cami.
    I love red pants. Too bad you can't wear them every couple days. I need a red pencil skirt next.

    ReplyDelete