Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Organization Needed: My sweater drawers

First Drawer
Second Drawer
Drawer in closet
I have sweaters in 3 drawers (and on my floor). Now this might not be so bad if the 3 drawers didn't belong to 3 different pieces of furniture in 2 different rooms.  My bottom left dresser drawer was my first sweater drawer. The drawers are too small and you can only get about 6 sweaters in there. When we mounted our TV, I got new drawers. I got the bottom 3 for clothes. Two were immediately full with my workout clothes and the bottom drawer, became my second sweater drawer. It was nice and big and could hold everything that didn't fit in my first drawer.  But then I bought 8 new cardigans on November 6 and needed a place for those.  After the 30 for 30 was over and I didn't have a separate drawer for my 30 items, I finally put clothes in the dresser that was in my closet. It almost took 2 months to put the clothes in the drawers. My husband was not happy to realize this.

Anyway 3 drawers, 3 pieces of furniture, 2 rooms just isn't good.

I need to figure out how to rearrange my drawers to get 3 drawers in 1 piece of furniture and definitely not in the first piece of furniture or I think I would need 5 drawers because they are so small.

How do you have your sweaters and drawers organized?

I do have short sleeve and 3/4 sleeve sweaters that I don't wear in the winter. I could put those in drawer 1.  Drawer 2 is in the best location but the drawers in that furniture are all taken up and I don't want to move my workout clothes. I use those the most and all year long. I guess I could move sweaters to my closet and move my newly created pantyhose, tights, and scarf drawer to the chest of drawers in the best location.  But tights don't need the best location.

Oh the decisions.

Based on the organization in drawer 1, you can tell I don't even use that. It's so messy. Just seeing the picture, makes me want to go over and straighten up the sweaters.

4 comments:

  1. I have a 4 (or maybe 5...I can't remember now) drawer dresser that I keep my sweaters in. My pull over sweaters are all in one drawer and my cardigans are in another. Plus any cardigans, sweaters (or anything really) that I've worn once or twice and don't need to be washed yet get folded on a chair in the corner - which isn't the neatest looking thing in the world, but it works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really meant to reorganize yesterday.
    My sweaters that I wear once sit on a pile on top of my dresser or on my exercise bike. If I use the bike, they are temporarily moved to my bed. I bought the furniture for in the closet thinking the clothes that could go a 2nd wearing could go in there so I knew if I wore it out of there to then throw it in the wash, but then I filled up the furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lot of dressers! I keep my sweaters in my middle drawer in my plastic three-drawer dresser (the only one I have--we aren't buying any real furniture until after we get a house). Any extras I keep in a box under the bed along with my summer clothes. I just fold them as narrow as possible and lay them in a row (they go about four across). Gets a little crazy sometimes, so I usually go through and refold things once or twice a season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angeline, Under the bed containers are a good idea for the off season or the ones I don't really like. We have a huge master bedroom so I figure we might as well get furniture so it doesn't look empty and then I don't have to swap clothes out for the seasons. But then I hold onto clothes for 10 years that I never wear.

    ReplyDelete