Tuesday, December 21, 2010

6 years in review

(sort of January 2005 instead of December 2006)

I already did this once around my birthday.  But here is it again with winter clothing.

January 7, 2005
December 13, 2005
December 17, 2006
Dec 30, 2007
December 19, 2008
December 26, 2009
December 13, 2010

My eyes look much older now.  No wonder when people see my calendar site (I should call it OOTD site) and look back through the years they say "You used to look so young."  Five years ago I thought I was old, so I must be really old now.

Over the past 6 years I have developed a figure.  My waist used to be 29 (or 30) and it is now 25 (or 26 when I'm gutty).  I actually think my bust measurement is the exact same or else I never remeasure it; I'm not really sure.  My hips measurement has fluctuated with the highest being December 2008. It is funny how in 2008 I didn't notice looking a couple pounds heavier but in the pictures I look a lot heavier. I am the same weight now but that was before all the muscle gain from joining the gym.

I wore the same size* clothes almost through it all with Fall and Winter 2009 having me need to go slightly smaller.

Just scrolling through the months, I'm shocked at how many of the clothes I still own and how many I still wear.  Also scrolling through the years it becomes obvious that I take more than one picture nowadays and choose the best instead of take one and done and suffering if it is blurry.

Do you ever look at old pictures and think about how you've changed?  Do you have a post about it or photos? I'd like to see them.


Does anyone know how to get 2 pictures side by side in blogger while they have a caption?

*By size I mean the same clothes or pants with the same exact fit, not purchasing new clothes and buying the same number because the same number would actually be wearing a larger size because of vanity sizing.

7 comments:

  1. OMG, that outfit on the bottom right is TO DIE FOR!

    I rarely will post (or even look at, honestly) older photos of myself, especially those before I got married, because I don't like to remember myself from when I was younger. I was much, much thinner and more fit. Most of my features haven't changed except for the damage done by my weight gain and illnesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brie, Thanks. That was my first try at socks under boots. My socks got a hole in them near the top... just wait until I catch up on my daily posts and you'll hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!

    So I read your reply to my post! First off, thanks for sharing your thoughts :)

    We all go through such bizarre weight battles don't we?

    Most of my weight battles started before my blog but in the past few years there were some ups and downs you could potentially see in my pics. The fashion blog didn't start until May of this year and any weight changes would have been within 5 lbs since then. I just got a new laptop though and have been transfering my pics and yah, there are some old pics of me which are crazy. The emotional size of me couldn't post them right now.

    I think you look great in all the above pics btw, funny how you are noticing such detailed things when all I notice are pretty pictures :)

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, I looked back at the early pics on your blog (you were in some before it was a fashion blog) and I couldn't see a difference at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was really good at not posting ones where I thought I looked big haha.

    I think there was probably a 15 lb difference from the start of my blog until now. But in the past I have gotten up to 30 lbs heavier then now. arg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Max I was about 10 lbs up from where I am now. I gained 25 lbs freshman year of college. But I got really sick and lost 10 of it the last week of the semester. Then I went back to waitressing and lost 6 or so of it right away. Then I was at 125 for awhile until my jaw was bad. then I lost weight and go to my pre-college weight but I couldn't eat so that sucked and I looked too thin. I weighed 123 when I got married. I was 131 this morning (I was 133 a few days ago and was stead at 133) http://colleen.akwire.net/weight/ look at a few on top. then scroll to the bottom and click on the link for old graphs. I lost the data from around college.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I didn't write down my weight if it was too high. I thought it was a fluke, but then there would be a bunch of days in a row I didn't write it down.

    But then there are other times I think I'm too thin because I can't buy clothes that fit. Pants always look too big (except the ones that are too tight that I found before that fit)

    ReplyDelete