Thursday, December 30, 2010

NIfty Fifty's

On December 11, we went to Nifty Fifty's. We try to go each visit to Philly.  The restaurant is only a couple minutes from Dave's grandmom's so it makes it convenient.
We sat at the counter so we wouldn't have to wait in line for over 20 minutes.  We only didn't sit at the counter once. I actually prefer to be able to spy on things in the kitchen.
I started with an Oreo milkshake. I love how they serve it in the metal container.  It fills your glass at least twice.  Sometimes I just get vanilla. I like vanilla.  Dave got Peanut Butter Oreo this time.
 Dave ordered a burger for the first time. He liked it.
We also got Onion Rings. I mean Dave also got Onion Rings.  I don't like them so Dave had eat them all. He didn't quite make it.
We always get cheese fries. They are so good.  They have cheese at the bottom too so you never run out of cheese. It is wonderful.
I got a Texas Tommy. In case you are wondering how healthy it is, a Texas Tommy is a hot dog wrapped in bacon (and I think fried or something) and then with cheese whiz on a bun. It is tasty. Five Guys has a similar hot dog but instead of cheese whiz it is sliced cheese.  The Five Guys one isn't nearly as good.
I tried to get a picture of the outside while we were driving away but it was extremely difficult because we were going in the wrong direction.

If you are ever in the Philadelphia area, you should make sure you go to Nify Fifty's.
Have you ever been there?  Did you like it? 

1 comment:

  1. Um... I am foaming at the mouth here. This looks so good!!!

    ReplyDelete