Friday, December 31, 2010

30 Things I learned during the 30 for 30

 
30 things I learned or reiterated
  1. I like red even more than I thought I did.
  2. I wear my Nickel shoes a lot more than I thought in the winter (they are little booties that cost me $5)
  3. A button down shirt under a cardigan is amazing.
  4. I wore my sneakers less than I thought I would and I am glad.
  5. Less is more
  6. Accessories are key
  7. You don't need more, you can just rework what you have.
  8. I hate ironing
  9. If something needs to be ironed, it just sits there
  10. My style is consistent. 
  11. I need to go through my closet and get rid of a lot.  I still have the goodwill pile sitting in the corner that I made right after the last 30 for 30 challenge.
  12. Taking 30 seconds to take pictures outside in the cold adds a lot to the photos and isn't that bad for such a short duration (the 30 for 30 didn't need to teach me this but the cold and snow fell over the 30 for 30 duration)
  13. I need to figure out what to wear with my navy pants besides red.
  14. Tights aren't totally scary (just mostly)
  15. Jeans look a lot better with nicer shoes (I know this but always forget.)
  16. Participating in a challenge is easy for picking out clothes
  17. Participating in a challenge is harder for getting all blog posts/ideas actually posted.
  18. Photoshopping some pictures is awesome, while others not so much. 
  19. I like charts
  20. It is easier to discover new blogs during challenges.
  21. I like how I look in pencil skirts better than how I look in pants.
  22. Standing on a slight angle makes my pictures turn out better.
  23. Changing locations for photos adds interest to the outfits.
  24. I managed to wear boots 5 times and which is was more. I like them. 
  25. My black and white dress that I bought in the summer also works for the winter too.
  26. I still have not mastered the belted cardigan.
  27. Black pumps always fail me during challenges (2nd 30 for 30 and 2nd pair of black pumps I need to throw out)
  28. Wearing my hair up isn't as bad as I thought.
  29. I need to quit wearing red so many days in a row.
  30. I like prints but don't know why I rarely buy them.
It was also going to be a post of what I wore and how many times, but I'm hungry for breakfast (and it's 2PM) so I'm going to save that for another day.
Days 1-30
Includes accidental days 31 and 32

No comments:

Post a Comment