Thursday, January 27, 2011

January 8 - Party Round 1 - Friends

Cami and Cardigan: Express
Necklace and Earrings: Target
Skirt: F21
Tights: Target
Shoes: Famous Footwear
Why not wear something that is too short to wear to work on a weekend when I actually have something going on.
I almost didn't get my pictures taken before dark. OK I almost didn't get dressed until dark.
Poly and I stayed in bed pretty late. I was resting up for my big day ahead of me. Or maybe I was just procrastinating. We did a good job procrastinating. Luckily I cleaned a teeny tiny bit each day so then it wasn't so bad that I didn't start cleaning until 3pm.
I finally used both of my crockpots. I have had them for 2 years. The sticker was really hard to get off the big one. I bet it would have been easier two years ago.

I only took pictures of some of the appetizers and then forgot about the rest. Sad.  Also I didn't get pictures of everyone. I need a photographer at events I think.
We had 14 people total. That was a new maximum number of people that we have cooked for. It wasn't so bad because most people brought food so I was calm and collected and ready when people started to slowly arrive.  I was actually pretty surprised how late people showed up. I couldn't figure out when to start eating because we were still waiting for people. We were still waiting for people that were bringing appetizers so I didn't know how it would work to start eating real food.  I stress a lot.
I'm all gums... I hate that.
 Most people left. and then we took a few pictures. 
Dave took these pictures and you can see Matt's hand and that was everyone that was left. I was glad a few people stuck around. It gave me more time to socialize with them.
They commented that Poly had to be in our picture so I held her. She didn't seem to like it that much though. She only likes to be held when she wants to be held.   Everyone was gone by 11 and then I had to do dishes so that I could repeat it all again the next day for family.

Overall I think having a Christmas Party for Orthodox Christmas worked well. Not everyone could come but I at least had 14 show up. Two years ago, there were only 7 total. 4 years ago there were only 10.  This time everyone came that said they were coming. In previous years that was not the case.

One person at my party told me that she had to look presentable when she came because she knew I'd be dressed nice.  Then that prompted discussion about my blog.

2 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! The black and white stripes with the blue and red combo is SO cute.

    It looks like you had a great time! You're much more brave than I am to cook for so many people. I don't even cook for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, I barely even cook for myself so this was scary to cook for so many.

    ReplyDelete