Thursday, January 20, 2011

My VS order arrived (1/20/11)

It was 6 days early. The orders always are. I never follow-up after my order so I'm always surprised when it shows up.


Every time* I buy something lace from them, I am hacked. The pictures don't look so lacey and I buy it and boy is it. Also every time I get hacked and buy the same color. Both things are teal.

Every time = this time and one other time.


Now I own plaid. I like it better on me than the model. 14.99 XS (The 2 plaids were on sale 5 bucks less but they were all out of the blue/red one.)

Now I have a body suit so my shirt can stay tucked in.  But it is tight in the sleeves. I am really not sure if I should send this back. I mean I won't send it back but it is something I wish I would.  It is an XS and I bought a Small button down from VS before and it was huge so I went with small this time.
Also note the bodysuit is black on the model. It is white on mine. The reds don't look the same either.
Eep I just looked it up... 32 bucks. Now I really think it is not worth it. My arms won't get shorter for this to fit better.
Here is my hacked lace.  You don't get to see it on me because I didn't have a cami downstairs when I did my modeling. $19 XS.  This is tight in the arms but I think I had it twisted because after I worked with it to rotate what was at my wrist about 90 degrees it fit much better. I would remove my gowear fit to wear it because that is also where it was tight. But still I was hacked so it makes me not like this as much.
The entire reason for my VS order was for more yoga pants. Yoga pants at 14.99 instead of 29. They only had one color in my size. I only bought one of it. They fit like the rest of my yoga pants but they are a different brand.  Small 36" inseam. 
So I always want boots. I can never find boots. The models for VS have freaking skinny legs so I thought I might test the waters and order boots. I 99% figured I'd have to send them back.  I was wrong.  Size 10. $39.99.  I really only ordered these because if you spend $100 you got free shipping.  I spent hours deciding what to get to take me over $100.

I have noticed I really love some VS stuff and really don't like other stuff. It is always hard for me to figure out everything I want to order. It all is always so different than what it looks like online or in a catalog. But then the stuff I really like, I like better than anything I get anywhere else. (I just typed stove instead of stuff in that sentence. I'm hungry.)

Do you ever order from Victoria's Secret?  How do you like their clothes?


Updated to add the picture of the heel that I took and forgot to include.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Colleen, thanks for checking out my blog. I haven't ever ordered from VS, but I've often been tempted to! Sounds like your experience was hit and miss, so maybe I'll stick with Modcloth for now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good plaid shirt, but I can't believe you're that many years behind me and Timmmy. You better get a short sleeve robe. They're what's coming in fashion next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That plaid shirt looks great on you! I've only ever ordered one clothing item--pajamas--and was SWIMMING in the XS. Super-lame. I don't really like to order clothes online in general, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo, It is very hit or miss but I still go back. VS is the only place I order online besides Athleta once but the dress I ordered from there was a dress someone else had 6 colors of the dress and wrote a post about loving it.
    I started with VS for the yoga pants. I was so sick of pants not long enough or turning over when I slept and the pants not rotating with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike,
    I've tried to find plaid this year but all the shirts were too big. I don't understand it, I'm not that small.
    I don't want a robe because that's something I just wear at home. I'll still with my blue robe that is too big that I just realized had 2 pockets the other day.
    I see those big plastic watches you tried to get me everywhere (not on fashion blogs but on news articles).
    I'm also way behind on skinny jeans.
    I was behind getting pointy toed shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angeline, I hate ordering online too. It scares me. I only did VS because those models are like sticks and I thought surely they have to fit into some size so then I can buy one. I've had XS be too big before. Also sometimes I buy a large. This is why I hate sizing and why I have to shop in person and try everything on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never ordered from them. But seeing these items and seeing Monkeyface rock the VS has made me really start to consider it!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, if you order pants, buy the ones that say something about wrinkle free or about how they wash. I bought a pair that didn't mention it and they were the worst pants. My other 2 VS pants are awesome.

    If you want pointers on things I've ordered and how they turned out, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Short sleeve robes are for wearing in public. I'm probably going to wear one to a minor league hockey game.

    ReplyDelete