Sunday, January 2, 2011

December 13 - Festive

Turtle Neck: VS
Skirt: Express
Tights: Target (footless)
Socks: Target
Boots: Famous Footwear - Mudd
Necklace: Gift (I think the box said JCP)
Belt: Target
Ring: Lia Sophia

This was the first time this season I wore my turtle neck. I think I chose a good combo for wearing socks under the boots for the first time. It was also the first time I wore footless tights.  The tights worked well because they didn't keep falling down at the crotch and I didn't have to pull them so tight. The socks are actually red and gray stripes but I knew the gray would be hidden.   Tights and socks with boots are both still out of my comfort zone but I think they worked out well. Wearing my hair up is also out of my comfort zone.  It all went well together.  
The snow adds a lot of character to these pictures. It probably helps make the outfit seem so nice.
Look at my eyeshadow and eyeshadow as eyeliner; I got a compliment on it at work. I thought it's the same that I've been doing it since I got the Sephora eyeshadow but maybe it just went better with my outfit or something.
Boot Closeup
I also wore my red coat to work. Someone saw me and said "well you won't get lost in the snow."
At lunch someone let me get in front of him in line. He said he wasn't in a hurry and I was festive.  I ran into him later and he even mentioned us as lunch buddies.
I shoveled with Dave before he left for work, then I got ready for work. You could barely tell I shoveled, because it was snowing so hard.  Also note how when we are lazy we just shovel the tire tracks area.
I was in building 6 during lunch time so I had to buy a sandwich again.  Those sandwiches are awful over there. The lunch meat is way too thick.
Also the crust on the sandwich is too hard to chew. I learned my lesson the hard way and I just tear it off to begin with.  Last time I tried to eat it and after 2 bites my jaw was killing me and then my jaw hurt for 2 days.
Before the end of the work day, I look down and see there is already a hole in my socks. I only wore them once.  I think they were made for calves smaller than mine.  One size fits all doesn't really work I guess.  I also had to tug pretty hard to get the socks to stick outside my boots.  Where do you buy your to the knee socks?
(BTW work was so insanely busy almost more than usual)
Poly on my lap on the couch
Poly on my lap at my computer
For anyone keeping track, it was yet another day that I missed exercising.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, you do look festive! Are you sure your socks didn't catch on your boot zip? I've lost many a pair that way. Mr Bossa loves it when I wear tights, and I have to do a comedy dance to stop them falling at the crotch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hole looks like you caught in your boot zip. Btw, I read in one other blog of someone who cuts her socks at foot and she ends up with a kind of warmer. She says that's the best way to have your socks stick outisde the boots without adding bulge at the foot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think it was from the zipper because one of the times I was pulling it up, I felt the tear.

    Katty, with these boots, I need a thick sock under my foot or else my foot feels the Mudd symbol every time I walk and I hate it. But with my broth boots, I bought a smaller size so that they were tighter at the calf so I would need no sock at the foot. I've seen some of the DIY for the leg warmers. I even have purchased black leg warmers I used to wear under my pants when I was cold at work.

    ReplyDelete