Sunday, January 30, 2011

Accents

So 2 of my friends did one of these so I thought I would.
Mind you I'm all showered and ready for bed so I don't look very nice.  Also I had my flip balanced on something to the side of what I was reading so that looks stupid.

The list of words if you want to do it (or have no clue what I'm saying) are Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped
body and extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry
groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you change the TV channel with?



Just try to not watch Poly while she is behind me. I date you.

Do I say anything "weird" to you?

6 comments:

  1. haha...this is what I love - you totally sound NOTHING like I imagined - you actually sound JUST like my cousin - voice twins!

    I don't think you say anything weird - you sound midwestern! I think that for most people there isn't a huge difference just because the US is so homogenous now. I know I definitely used to have a little bit of a drawl, but after college it is gone (unless I've had a couple drinks...then I'm y'all-ing like crazy and rolling my words together and dropping letters on words)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a few things I thought I should have mentioned. Around here the thing we run to get the carpets clean is the sweeper. We run the sweeper instead of use a vacuum or whatever. We even have "Sweeper Stores" around here. Also we leave "to be" out of sentences all the time. I don't even notice, but then my husband comments. One time on a video game somebody did that and he asked if he was from Pittsburgh and he was right. Also in college, I worked at Pizza Hut and mentioned the sweeper once and someone then asked if I was from Pittsburgh.
    Oh and gym bands.
    The yinz, 'n 'at, dahntahn, brahns, stillers, saying fill for feel and fill for feel is all over the place around here.

    I also didn't think you sounded like I pictured. You sounded much quieter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I knew how to get my voice recorded w/o video of me. There are probably at least a dozen ways to do this and I just don't know how.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just put a paper bag over your head. It's a hack as old as time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought this was going to be you doing an impression of an accent, and thought, "That seems very unlike Colleen." Then right before I pressed play I realized what it really was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Callie, yea I wouldn't try to do an impression of an accept.

    ReplyDelete