Monday, January 17, 2011

January 17 - A Pretend New Outfit and Lack of Heat

By a pretend new outfit I mean everything is at least 5 years old (except the shoes) but I remixed it in a new way.
By "I remixed it in a new way" I mean that I wore it but Brie remixed it.

Skirt: B-Moss
Shirt: Macy's
Cardigan: B Moss
Shoes: Famous Footwear
Ring: Lia Sophia
Necklace: Christmas gift 4 years ago

What didn't work: This shirt is petite and I could tell as I sat that some skin was about to become exposed in the back so I had to be careful. Also I feel like the sleeves were too tight on my arm pits. I wish the skirt hit just above the knee.

What worked: The nice colors. I'm sick of wearing dreary colors but this cardigan made it not so dreary.

Next time I might branch out and try to belt the cardigan.
The neckline on the shirt is slightly fancy so then I felt fancy all day. I like to feel fancy.

This morning while I was trying to weigh myself, Poly kept stepping on the scale. I can't get over how cute she was. She did it 3-4 times. She'd put her front paws on. I let her stand alone the one time and she was putting 4.6 lbs of pressure on that there scale. She was trying to make me feel like I gained a lot of weight between yesterday and today. (I gained 3 lbs w/o her help.)

Well actually, the heat was broken at work this morning so I didn't feel so fancy. I wore my gloves and put a sweater and my coat over my legs as blankets. I was still freezing. The thermostat said 64 and we were freezing. The heater wasn't working and it was blowing cold air. Once it started to work, it smelled like something was burning for 20 minutes.  Then it "worked" but would only get up to 68 and after being freezing for 2 hours, you need it warmer than that.  That's when I decided to go do a different building and find a cube and work. That cube was nice and warm. I didn't have my 2nd monitor but being warm was worth it.

Today is rest day on my training plan but since I made yesterday rest day, today I ran 1 mile and then did Body Pump. I wanted to run longer than 1 mile. I thought for sure I had time for 1.5 miles but Body Pump class was filling up so I had to get to the room to make sure I got a spot. I ran my mile in 8:52. I started at 6.6 mph, then 7.0, then 7.6 for .1 and then 7.0 and then 6.6 to end it.

I got home and made mashed potatoes and ate it with the rest of my leftover Boston Market.  I was exhausted. We watched Undercover Boss. I love and hate that show. I love to see them undercover. I hate to see how the people that they just happened to work with get HUGE benefits while the next guy who didn't work with the boss gets nothing. Very rarely is there a policy change that benefits. I'm sick of seeing them pay for this person or that person for a vacation or giving this person or that person $15,000 but the next guy not having it.  I really have a lot of problems trying to watch the last five minutes of the show.  Dave was snacking on the couch so his bag of whatever he was eating (crackers of some sort I think) was in Poly's normal spot so she had to find a new spot to rest.  She sure got comfy though.
Poly sure was attentive when Dave was playing with the blinds.
Once Undercover Boss was over, I started working on my RCA. I'm 99% done so I took a break to blog. I'm so exhausted that I needed a mental break.
Variety
The earliest I wore the cardigan on my calendar site was April 6, 2006
The earliest I wore the skirt  on my calendar site was June 13, 2007
The earliest I wore the shirt  on my calendar site was October 22, 2010. (I'm sure I wore it sooner but I have a lot of missing data from days where I did not take pictures.)
I'm glad to see that the look was different.

I will be posting soon 6 different ways I wore certain things. I'll just randomly pick something and see how I wore it. I think it'll be neat to see how I did it especially over the year.  I just need to find the time.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the outfit (obviously ;) ). It sucks that the shirt wasn't comfy! I wonder if you could find a similar shirt that fits better, because it looks rather nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave said he didn't like how the shirt laid. I wonder if that's because it slightly didn't fit.

    I have a lot of trouble finding patterned stuff. Solids are super easy to buy and I gravitate towards solids so then patterns are harder to notice.

    ReplyDelete