Wednesday, January 19, 2011

December 23 - Corn Dogs and Steelers!!!

Dave found this corn dog recipe that he wanted to make. We tried to make a half recipe but it ended up too thin so we had to do a little something to try to fix it. This was our practice run at making these so we knew if they'd work before we made them for a party full of people. Well needless to say we won't be making these for any guests until we practice a few more times.
We tried to use the leftover batter to make corn bread but that was too bland so we threw it away.   I think it had to do with the cornmeal mix versus cornmeal.
Then it was time to get ready for the Steeler game. My long johns are too short. I was able to pull up my thick, tall socks and slightly overlap with my long johns.

I forgot to take my daily picture because I only got dressed right before going to the game but I wore long johns plus athletic pants plus khaki pants. Needless to say at the game I unbuttoned those pants. They aren't meant to be worn over so many layers.  I told Dave that the reason my winter coat zips up from the bottom too is to make it easier to unbutton my pants while sitting in my seat at the game.  I also wore a tank top, a long sleeve running shirt, long john shirt, my thick red turtle neck, and my huge green down coat.  Then I had on gloves, a hat, ear warmer headband, and a scarf.

On our way to the game, we were in backed up traffic at an exit and some lady knocks on our window. She asked us if we were going to the game and if we needed parking. She gave us a parking pass. I think it was worth $35 or something.  I saw the lady go back to the car she was in and it was back a few cars. I guess the people behind us didn't need a parking pass.  Getting the pass was awesome.  Her knocking on the window almost gave me a heart attack though.
It was my 2nd game and Dave's first game.  Last time I did not sit in the end zone. Last time it was colder and was in 2006.
After I was there in my green coat and saw all the jerseys over jackets I realized I could have worn my  husband's jersey over my jacket. I was so mad.
I was pretty cold from the wind so I kept wrapping my scarf around me. It kept falling down. When it wasn't falling down, my eyes were still cold.  I didn't know how covered I was until I saw this picture.
 
I wished I had lessons on how to twirl a Terrible Towel before I went. It kept wrapping around my hand.  I also wish that when I put my arm in the air that my wrist was not exposed an inch. I even wore my husbands spare gloves that would cover more of my wrist. An exposed wrist results in a very very cold wrist.

  It was very exciting. We won by a lot (27-3). It was much more exciting than a Pirates Game. It was also a lot more expensive. It was worth every penny. Too bad all the tickets around here are season tickets so it isn't as easy to buy tickets as it is for the Pirates games.

Actually on our way home, we stopped at Wendy's to get some food.We were so exhausted when we got home.

Do you go to sporting events?  What is your favorite sport to go watch?

No comments:

Post a Comment