Friday, January 21, 2011

January 20 - My own outfit creation, snow, new TV

Blazer: Sears (2005)
Shirt: Express (February 2009)
Skirts: F21 (December 26, 2010)
Shoes: Shoe Dept. - Mudd (2007)
Belt: Target (2010)
Tights: Target (Friday, January 14, 2011)
Necklace: Gift given to me May 20, 2006

When Brie was over going through my clothes, I got out my blazer saying how I don't want to wear it like a suit to work because people ask me why I'm so dressed up. I really like the blazer but never wear it. Then I said "I just want a print skirt to wear with it." but before I could even finish that, I started saying "Oh I just bought one." That is when my outfit creation was born.

I was indecisive about what to wear to work. I took 20 minutes picking out my clothes. I have a lot of "new" outfits from all the clothes already in my closet but I was still indecisive. It would be cold so did I want pants? Did I want taller heels?  It was probably the first day I actually picked clothes out and put them on my bed and then changed my mind.

Then I thought about layering tights. I thought I could go with purple tights and a pink shirt but I needed something to tie the 2 colors together. Well I failed at thinking so I just went with my new tights. I have seen many people wear these tights (in real life and in blogs). These tights caused me to mix patterns. At least I didn't realize until I was at work so I couldn't change my mind.  I should have worn tights though, because I was cold.

I knew I would have a decent amount of walking so I went with my 2" heels. Plus at the end of the last 30 for 30 I decided my black heels were too worn out and painful so I need to replace them. I still have yet to even look for replacements. I better get on that before this 30 for 30.
I took a picture with the blazer buttoned because I thought I might switch to doing that partway through the day. I didn't, but could have. Do you wear blazers? Where did you find your favorite blazer? I want to get more and can never seem to find good ones.
Someone at the gym complimented my skirt. It meant even more because I had never even seen this person before and we had never talked.  Also she saw me from behind so she could see the stupid zipper that isn't hidden.

I had 2 different meetings in building 1. They were spaced out but I didn't want to come over a third time to run, so I went at 10:30. I had an 11:30 meeting and wasn't sure how long it would take to walk there and shower after my run. I only ended up running 2.1 miles. Also at 2.08, I got a bad side cramp so it was a good stopping point. According to my thought timeline I could have probably run .15 more. I wanted to run 3 total. In actuality, I could have run .5-.6 more based on how much time I had to spare after walking to the conference room. Oh well. Hopefully I remember next time.   After my shower, my face matched my skirt. Two different people even commented on this. I put on foundation and then a lot of powder and it really helped. Someone else even commented how much it helped. I really put a lot on though.
My new TV has arrived. The wall mount is also here.  Now to figure out when to move my entire desk and computers away from the wall so I can set it all up.
The new TV means that I can stop using my 13" TV from Christmas of 1994.
Poly still likes her red bag.
Poly was sleeping on Dave but he kept laughing and that made his chest move. She did not like that so she went and rested at the end of the couch.

I took a breakfast bar with me to work but never ate it. I went to Moe's for lunch. I ate hot dogs for dinner. Then I ate Honey Nut Cheerios. Then I ate some sour cream and onion chips. Then I ate some Mike and Ike's.

When I got to work, I went to the gym to drop off my gym bag and hang up my coat. During this time I saw someone drying her hair.  Later after my 2nd meeting, I went back to the gym to get my coat and gym bag. I saw the same girl drying her hair.  So she saw me twice in the locker room and neither time was I actually working out. Also she obviously worked out twice.  She probably thought I was crazy.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this outfit- the printed skirt, belt, and polka dot tights really bring the blazer down a notch, while still looking chic and professional! Poly looks like she's about to burn through whatever she's looking at with lazer eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly, I try to avoid Poly's X-ray vision eyes but sometimes the flash just can't help itself.

    Thanks for the compliment on the outfit.
    I also want more printed skirts to wear with my white blazer. http://scrapandrun.blogspot.com/2010/10/day-19-white-101910.html ooo I have black and white striped shirt now so I could copy Style Underdog's outfit even better now. My white is very dressy though and can't be left unbuttoned. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ur outfit and now I am on a hunt for the skirt ur wear!!
    http://mylyfe-mystory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks H Rija... I got the skirt at F21 but was on the hunt for a good patterned skirt for over a year.

    ReplyDelete