Monday, January 10, 2011

Body Pump Release 76 Summary

I haven't worked out in weeks so it was tougher in general to me but also any pump class today would have been rough.
BODYPUMP 76 tracklist
1: The Climb (Almighty Essential Radio Edit) – Almighty Pop Factor
2: Telephone (Original Radio Edit) – Pandora BX
3: Beautiful Day – Lee Jones
4: Pyromania – Sun Flash
5: My First Kiss – 3OH!3 feat. Ke$ha
6: Not Myself Tonight – Christina Aguilera
7: Storm – DJ Lotus
8: Bring It Back – Paffendorf
9: Cooler Than Me – Mike Posner
10: The Truth – Kris Allen

I recognized a lot of the songs this release, which was better than recognizing 0 songs of the last release.

Overall I thought it was more challenging and thus better.  I think the last release they focused on form but we didn't increase weights when we could have so it wasn't as challenging.

Warmup: I felt like it was similar to the usual releases but my legs were a lot more tired just from the warmup. I definitely turned the fan on right beside me after this track.

Squats: I used slightly less than my normal weight since I've been sick and haven't lifted for weeks. I thought it was tough. I felt the 1 down 3 up a lot more than normal 2 2s or 3 down 1 up.  I feel like it was going to be over and then we just had more rounds to go.

Chest: I almost backed down on weights but then Bri told me it was a fun track.  Her definition of fun must be different than mine. I was dying. The music is so upbeat that you trick your brain and work a little harder.

Back. Two clean and presses in a row followed by 2 rows. Repeat. Then Triple Rows. Then Wide Deadlifts. Well there are 4 rounds but the warmup is just a the first round.  The other three aren't the same. The last set was rough. Then there were two extra clean and presses + two rows.

Triceps: There is no bar needed. Dips then kickbacks then tricep pushups and then kickbacks for the other arm and then overhead extensions.  We raised the risers for dips to make it more challenging; I liked that. By the end though I was wishing I didn't have a plate on my legs during dips because my muscles were exhausted.

Biceps: This gets harder as it goes on. There is a new move. We did so many of the new move that I thought I'd stop messing it up but counting to 2 is rough work I guess.  The new move is the mid-range pulse.

Lunges: We start with our squat weight.  This isn't as crazy as it sounds because we start with squats.  The problem then is we are told to drop our weights and start lunges. We could have gotten plates or other weights but I didn't have any handy. I was not warned that I'd have to have additional plates.  The entire class did all the lunges with just body weight.

Shoulders: We start with pushups. Then there is a new move, reverse flies, which were so much more challenging than I thought they would be. There were side raises and mac raises. Then we could use the bar or plates to finish it off, but I didn't have enough weights since the class was so full.

Abs: I like this like I like the last release. It was hard but the moves were not too challenging to be able to actually do the move. You start alternating between crunches and reverse crunches but then you do that over and over again (and over and over again). Then it's the hover with pointer move. This is worse than the hover from the last release.  Maybe after this track, I'll have good abs.


Cooldown:  I liked that we switched back to the older releases and did more stretches lying down.
Previously, I typed my review of Body Pump 75.

I have no idea how the trainers do 2 classes in 1 day during release week.  Bri and April taught the class. Nick was also up on the stage with them all. We got protein treats to end class.

Update: I am sore the following day. My biceps are surprising not sore though. My shoulders, back, and legs are sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment