Wednesday, February 2, 2011

30 for 30 Winter Edition: Day 2 (February 2)

Shirt: NY&Co.
Skirt: Express
Tights: Target (Thigh highs. shear)
Shoes: JCP then Famous Footwear (not shown since didn't upload the pictures but they are my other red shoes in my 30 for 30)
Necklace: Sears
Blazer: Sears

Most of the day w/o the blazer. When the blazer was on it was mostly unbuttoned. I did button it a few times.
Some people say they couldn't pull off red shoes at work. I'm glad I never thought about it before I wore mine. I not only pulled off one pair of shoes today, but pulled off two. I swapped after walking about a mile in my heels. My feet sure were hurting. 

I had to take the pictures on the porch because it was raining again.

What didn't work: While I walked and had my coat and backpack on my skirt would rotate 90 degrees. The buttons from the back would end up on my left side. I had to try to fix it covertly. I first noticed this though when I was at the printer.
Also these tights. I don't like the shear ones. They seem too see through that I might as well wear pantyhose. That's what I get for asking my husband what tights to wear and giving him all the options.  He picked and I just went with it.

Most of my pictures turned out blurry.  My face was out of focus but my shirt was in focus. I wonder what I did differently today for that to happen.
I was getting a head shot taken today at work. I decided to crop up my pictures. Even the ones out of focus turned out better than the one the photographer took today.  Too bad it is on my work computer or I would post that. Maybe I will tomorrow. Should I use one of the ones above in a newsletter or take my own picture another day?

This morning before work there was a double rainbow.

 I had a busy day at work. I didn't get my workout in for the third day in a row. I almost went during core hours since work meetings messed me up during non core hours. I felt too guilty. Also I had a work thing starting at 6PM tonight (just like Monday night). Sometimes I feel like the evening work things should count towards the work time only if I am trying to squeeze a gym trip in. I didn't squeeze it in thought and get mad.

Today I got to work at 8:10. I took a 45 minute lunch.  I left at 5:50 to head over to the work function/dinner and then left that at 10:30 PM.   I did better today remembering names of people I talked to.  Sometimes I feel like my brain is too full and I can't remember anything else.

Tonight I got home around 10:45 and Poly greeted me but Dave was already asleep. At least someone likes me.  Now she sits here watching me type this post.

How do you handle days that you are out all day?  Do you get as exhausted as I do socializing all day and evening.? 


Update: Here is the picture that work took. I just need to figure out how to get the blue background behind the shot I want to use and also crop it to the right dimensions.

11 comments:

  1. That shirt's too much without covering. Of course, I hate vertical stripes. But it's ok with covering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the shirt is too tight. I didn't realize until later. Then looking at the pictures, it seems like 1 more button should be undone so it doesn't pull. I like vertical stripes under sweaters and stuff. I like them under the blazer (with the blazer open or closed).

    Oh and check out the post again. I added the picture work took.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture would be better if you had a perm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, it might be one of my favorites on you. I like it better with the blazer buttoned and just little pops of color from the shirt, and those shoes are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, you said that yesterday. So then did I top yesterday and this is your new favorite? I started my 30 for 30 on a high note and was trying to keep that up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shirt looks good open-jacketed, I think. Closed-jacketed hides it too much and no-jacketed is a hard look for anyone to pull off, because it's overwhelming in both color and pattern (although I do love loud colors and vertical stripes, but maybe not in the same piece of clothing).

    You look almost-surprised in your work picture.

    Those buttons make that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE those red shoes. Love them. Give them to me? haha ;) You pull them off great :)
    -kiki
    anewoutfitaday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiki, thanks. I want red shoes that are more like a basic pump but I couldn't find them so these were my temporary fix. I get a lot of comments about "Dorothy" or "There's no place like home" in these shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Callie, I feel like the bright shoes and shirt make it so much bright and that's why the blazer is better on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this outfit! The bright colors are really flattering on you.

    ReplyDelete