Thursday, February 10, 2011

Friend Friday: Color Wars

Katy's questions this week are about tights.

1. What color dominates your closet?
Red has dominated my closet for years. I am trying to black out branch out. Black dominates it too.  You can't tell above because I moved out a bunch to have the colors seem equal plus pants, sweaters, and cardigans are not shown.

2. If money weren't an issue how would you change the color emphasis in your closet?
Can money buy me the ability to match? If so then I still don't know. I would have more variety. I wouldn't focus on any color or any thing.

3. What is your mantra about mixing colors?
If I think it matches, I'll mix it. If I email someone to ask if it matches and they say yes, I might mix it.

4. For you, how do you incorporate color into your outfits?
I like to wear something colorful everyday. It doesn't always happen. Bright colors are so much nicer than wearing all black.  For those of you that know Stampin' Up, I tend to wear more Brights (formerly Bold Brights) in the winter, but the old Earth Elements in the fall. I wear minimal black in the summer and want to wear all colors.  I feel like the spring doesn't really happen and it goes from winter to summer with how I dress. Lately I have been branching out (and scaring myself while doing it) and wearing bright colored tights. I have had an extremely difficult time matching my tights with the clothes that I have. I just got 3 new pairs of tights in the mail today that are more earth tones. I can't wait to figure out what to wear with them. I hope they fit. I am going to the gym before work tomorrow so I may not try to wear them. I'd hate to get there and have them not fit.

5. Which blogger(s) do you think do a good job of incorporating color into their wardrobe?
Ashley is not only great with color but she also helped me match. Kendi, Sydney, Liz and have also done a good job.

I feel that my main problem is that I have too many solids in my wardrobe. I need to incorporate more prints. My trouble is all the prints I think I find aren't in my size or don't fit right. There are probably millions of prints that I don't even notice when I'm in a store.

What colors do you tend to wear the most?  Do wear colors based on the season? the weather?

5 comments:

  1. I wear brown to show the world that I'm in a bad mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a lot of color in your wardrobe! You have a zillion cardigans and tops in various color. I think you wear it all well, but I think it's also really fun when you shock us with less conservative looks and lots of all over color. Not everyday, because it's not your thing, and it wouldn't be YOU and YOUR blog if you were someone you aren't. But I love the little unexpected surprises. Ashley, Kendi, Sydney, and Liz are all really awesome, too! And it's okay to have a closet dominated by RED when it looks so.amazing.on.you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly, what outfits have shocked you so far?

    My first outfit that shocked me was December 1, 2007 (http://colleen.akwire.net/_clothes/?month=12&year=2007&q=View+Month)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice variety. I have an embarassing amount of grey sweaters in my closet. I can't get enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn, I actually wanted more gray and had to seek it out to buy. But then I realized I like colors better than I like having a variety.

    ReplyDelete