Monday, February 7, 2011

30 for 30 Winter Edition: Day 6 (February 6) - Super Bowl Sunday

Shirt: Ann Taylor Loft
Jeans: Indi
Belt: Target
Shoes: VS

I'm realizing these jeans are better than my other jeans even though I think they gape at the top a little. My other jeans do this a lot.
We went grocery shopping around noon so I didn't get my calendar site or my weight graph fully updated. I still didn't update my BodyMedia Fit data and that has been almost 10 months.  We started to make our chili. We cooked it first some in the skillet and then it had to cook for 4 hours in the crockpot. Too bad I don't like chili.
After shopping, we were so exhausted, so we watched TV and didn't get ready for company early enough.  But I mean Poly was so cute, how could we disrupt her.
I watched one more show because Poly was too cute.
After we did some more cooking, Dave needed to rest. He was napping a little with Poly.
I was cutting pineapple using a new technique I learned just a few days earlier. Matt taught me how. 
It was great. Everyone liked the display. Also, everyone ate all the pineapple. It is good stuff. I also drank pineapple juice while I was at it. Cutting the pineapple this way is surprisingly easy but it did take longer to cut than I thought.
The game wasn't turning out as we had hoped and Dave sat with his terrible towel on his head for awhile.
Poly hung out with the rest of us. Actually she hogged the couch so I hat on the arm of the chair and a half.  Chad thinks Poly could be friendlier. He says other cats are friendlier than she is. I don't know what cats he has met because I have never met a cat even half as friendly as her.
After everyone left, I needed to finish planning for my Stampin' Up class. I had to come up with some new designs. I was going to have everyone make 12 cards but it was too late so I only planned 11. My printer was not cooperating and the print quality was not good. At least everything was readable on my instruction sheets.
It was time for bed and Poly was tired, too.

What did you do for the Super Bowl? 
Every time I entertain I realize how much work it is to cook and clean and time it all for when people show up. I also realize how it is more expensive than I think. I don't know why this happens every time. You think I would learn.  Do you have any tips for entertaining to alleviate stress?

3 comments:

  1. To save money, serve less meat. And when you do serve meat, make it pork butts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the commercials. And laughed at my Facebook and Twitter feed about the national anthem and the half-time show. :)

    That color is so pretty on you and I like the tee half tucked in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I often half tuck in my tees because if I don't, I look too bulky where the belt is under the shirt so I might as well show people it is a belt and not my gut (or not some other thing).

    ReplyDelete