Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February Spotlight

Well it is that time again... that time to spotlight another awesome blogger. For my third feature, I thought I'd ask Sarah some questions.  I first discovered Sarah's blog right after her sister took her photos and she ended he photo shoot in a shopping cart. Sarah posts regularly, which I love. She also tells stories in her posts.  Her style is great. She also gets a great find from her mom every once in awhile.  Sarah is the first person I remember commenting on my blog that I didn't already go to her blog first. She will always have a place in my heart because of that.


Where did the name of your blog come from?
To be honest I have no idea. I had a personal blog for a long time and wasn’t really sure if I wanted to take the jump into taking pictures of myself every.single.day so I was a little hesitant to name it something fashion inspired in case I wanted to change the blog some time. But really the title describes me and not just fashion. With me what you see is what you get. I wear my heart on my sleeves. So it just happened to be fashion-y, and described me. Tadaaahhh!

When did you start your blog? Have you ever had any other blogs before?
I started my blog late July. Gosh I was terrified to do it but I put my big girl pants on and once that first post was done I was in love. It was a way for me to be creative and share it with others who were creative too. I did have a personal blog where I just ranted about my married/student/crazy  life in general.

Did the intent or content of your blog change since you started?
Heck yes. Can I say heck yes again because I really mean it. If you look back into my archives you can see that over time the blog has totally transformed. My personal style has completely transformed. It’s been a really fun journey. I still do the same daily outfits but how I combine pieces and my overall style has really blossomed.

How many hours per week would you say you spend blogging?
Way too much! I’d say probably an hour a night. I check out new blogs, edit pictures, write a post , all that fun stuff.

How many blogs do you read on a daily basis?
I read about thirty.

Do you spend more time reading blogs than you do writing your own blog?
Ha ha I hate to admit it but yes. When I find a really good blog I get totally addicted and blog stalk the night away. I just love finding other creative people that have a passion for what they’re doing!

What is the main goal of your blog?
To rule the world! Okay so not that drastic, really my main goal is to just enjoy and express myself. I have a passion for fun clothes and expressing my thoughts each day. As long as I’m doing that I’m completely happy with my blog.

Do people email you often because they read your blog?
Yes, and I absolutely love getting e-mails! One of the best parts of blogging for me has been the awesome people I’ve met that I never would have never known otherwise. Please, please, e-mail me, I would love to hear your story!

Do you find it difficult to get good outfit locations?
Yes, I drove my husband crazy, but literally, I would drive him around “What do you think about this place?” “Oooh ooh crazy colored building stop there.” I really just found that it was way too time consuming. Instead I just go right outside of our place and it takes about one minute to take my pictures. I’ve found that as long as you’re confident in your picture it doesn’t matter what the heck is behind you.

Do you have any siblings (besides the sister that sometimes takes your picture)? How do their ages relate to yours?
I sure do. And they rock my dang socks off, they’re seriously my best friends in the whole world. We’re loud and obnoxious and WE LOVE IT! I have one brother and three sisters ranging from thirty to sixteen.

From the past six months, what is your favorite outfit that you’ve worn (and photographed)?
To be honest I can’t say that I really have “the” outfit that I absolutely love. I do have items in my closet that are total staples to me though. A few things that a girls closet should never be without: 1. A pair of trousers that you feel like a million bucks in. 2. A blazer  3. A crazy patterned blouse 4. A sequined top (not necessary but hey I like sparkles)

What is your favorite picture (of you, others, or scenery) that you have taken recently?
I took a picture of some random guy in class sleeping/snoring. I’ve probably never been more proud of my sneaky picture taking abilities in my life.

What post are you most proud of?  Did it get the most hits?
Hmmm I love them all, they’re like my children. If I pick favorites I wouldn’t be a real mom J

Do you write posts in advance and schedule them to go up at certain times?
I write them the night before I post them and I’ve tried scheduling them but every time I do they never post (please please help me if you know how to fix this). So generally when I wake up and check my e-mails is when I post them.

How do you handle blogging, being in school, and being married at the same time?
It’s definitely a juggling act. My main goal that I’ve been trying to be good at is keeping my priorities straight. Sir Matt comes first no matter what. When he walks in the door after a long day if I’m blogging I throw my computer out the window just to give him a big hug (okay okay I’m dramatic). But I always always put our relationship first. As far as school and blogging, blogging is my creative outlet from school work. So once I put in a long night of work I reward myself with some blogging time. It’s all about balance. Put your personal life first and the rest will just fall into place, and if it’s not important it will disappear completely and you’ll realize you don’t need it.

What is one interesting fact you’d like to share about yourself?
Oooh Oooh I have one! In high school I was in the musical Hello Dolly. I was Dolly and was doing a scene where she has a grand entrance. No joke in my grand finale pose my dress dropped to my ankles. I just pulled it up, pretended like it never happened and kept on going. Who knows how I survived all the pity looks though.

So if you haven't done so already, you should head over to Wearing it on my Sleeves and read it daily like I do.  
All photos used with permission from Sarah's blog.

5 comments:

  1. Don't we just love her! Sarah...I really enjoy reading your blog...you are hilarious. And I super enjoy getting inspired every day by your style...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ramsey, Sarah is awesome that's why I featured her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring Sarah! She has such a fun style and adorable blog! I adore reading her recent overheard feature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimberly, this week she will be listing something that I supplied to her that was overheard... just wait. It is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great feature on Sarah, I love her blog! Great outfits and a great sense of humour!

    ReplyDelete