Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Me at my desk at work...

on a day that the heat is broken
I tied the scarf better later to keep my  neck warmer.
I was kept pretty warm like this.  My legs were warm because I had on pants, boots, and knee high socks.   I also had a cami, shirt, and cardigan on under the jacket. The heat only seems to break in the little corner of my floor. The vent blows cold air when it is broken. It is awful. It slowly heats up a little because we steal the heat from other areas of the building.

I'm glad I sit in the corner so only the people in my row, who were also cold, saw this and nobody else came to visit.

Is your office cold? Do you wear extra layers because of it?


I forgot to mention that I tried to not wear the hat but my forehead kept feeling the cold breeze so I had to put it on.

7 comments:

  1. You look adorable all bundled up like that! I would HATE being cold at work - I just hate being cold in general. Thankfully my boss gets cold really easily so she keeps our office warm, for the most part.

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you have to keep a permanent blank message on your cubicle wall explaining that your somewhere else....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam, I sometimes write multiple dates on there just to cover my bases.
    My cell number is also on the board but I did blur that out before posting the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! That looks cold! I think I have the same beanie as you!

    It's sort of chilly in my office, but not cold cold. I keep a space heater by my feet. Before I had that, I'd often wear fingerless gloves to type with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angeline is your hat from Target? I have a matching scarf for it but on days it isn't super cold I branch out and wear other scarves.

    We aren't allowed to have heaters. We are allowed heat panels. But that is a lie. They put all our heat panel orders on hold and they are taking away heat panels that people already have.
    Also I hear the panels don't work. Someone described it like an electric stove. Burns you if your feet are on it but an inch away you can't feel anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure, it was a gift. I have matching arm warmers that go with it, though. We're not allowed to have heaters, either, according to our building management, but until they keep the place at a reasonable temp, most of the folks I work with have them. I also have a really drafty window (i can actually feel the breeze coming through it on windy days), so my cube is never at the temp the thermometer thing says. I've never tried the heat panel, but space heaters work super well (we have one at home, too--can heat up our entire bedroom super quick).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want arm warmers! I keep saying I will crochet them but don't because I don't want them to be ugly.

    We can't get the heaters in the building.

    Also I'm by windows and you can feel the cold when you come over to our row.

    We have thermostats around the building we can change but because of the window and location of our thermostat, it is colder in my cube than it says.

    ReplyDelete