Friday, February 25, 2011

Friend Friday: Blogger Awards

Katy gave us 3 weeks notice with these so that we could think about them but of course I didn't start thinking until the day we are to post them at 9:00. I started the post then but had to take a long break to do some work at work and then it was back to writing this so it is up much later than normal.

Katy's description:
We are going to try FBFF Blog Awards. Here's how it will work, you nominate one blogger for each of the categories below and explain why you nominate them. We'll cull all the responses and then list the top five bloggers named in each category. Those finalists will then be opened up to a public vote over a couple weeks. So this post launches the FBFF Blog Awards.
I didn't find it hard to think of who to nominate, but it was more challenging, to link everything correctly and find pictures to link (and also get permission to use pictures). I'd like to mention that if someone fit more than one category in my mind I only listed them once so that I could list different bloggers to maximize the love.

1. Creative Juices (most creative): Sally of Already Pretty wins this award because she is very creative with her outfits. Her colorful shoes are amazing. She inspired me to buy a dress after she posted about buying the same dress in six colors.  She posts many advice posts about how to wear certain articles of clothing. (ex: belts).

2. The Real Deal (authenticity): Sarah of Wearing It On My Sleeves wins this award. She does so much. She says so much. She's very genuine.  But really I think all blogs that I read are authentic so this award was extremely difficult to just award.

3. Spark Notes (most helpful): Angeline of The New Professional wins the most helpful award because whether she knows it or not her outfits have inspired me the most. I have copied more of her outfits than anyone else AND she posts many advice posts that are truly helpful.

4. Newbie (best blogger less than a year old): Ashley of Ashley Getting Dressed because she has only been blogging since June and her blog is the top blog I read. If I only read one, it is hers. I have to say that I am behind on all other blogs. Usually I get a collection of 10 or so posts in my reader yelling at me to read them, but with Ashley's, I read them right away. You can tell I read them right away because I am one of the first ones that comments on the posts. With other blogs, I comment after 20-100 comments are already there.

5. Can You Hear Me Now (most connected): Kimberly of Fashion Momma in constantly connected via email or IM. I love it. I would have put her in other categories too but had to stick with only putting her in one and since I email her the most, her award is here.  Actually while writing this post we had a conversation.  We both talk about how we don't sleep enough and our lack of sleep helps us try to keep up on blogs.

6. If I had a Hammer (best DIY): Keira of A Pretty Penny always posts such interesting DIY projects. I always want to make them.

7. Tribe Leader (blogger who leads others and brings bloggers together): Kendi of Kendi Everyday has led multiple 30 for 30 challenges with this last one having over 800 participants. That is crazy.

8. Practically Perfect (most fashionable): Sydney of The Daybook wins this award because I always love her clothes and they always seem like what it is style at the given time. She's also a trend setter. She also edits her photos beautifully.

9. Paint by Numbers (best beauty blogger): I'm not sure. I can't think of any beauty bloggers I follow. Fashion bloggers dominate my google reader list.

10. Renaissance Woman (best all around blogger, fashion, beauty, lifestyle): Chrissy of The New Me is the best all around blogger in my book. She is very little fashion and very much everything else that I enjoy.  She posts about running which is awesome.  She posts about health and fitness in general. She doesn't only run but does many other things.  She likes yoga and writes about it and this helps me because I don't like yoga but know it is good for me and I am trying to like it more. It is great to hear a real person talk about it instead of a trainer trying to tell me it is good. She did do the Summer or maybe it was Fall 30 for 30 so she did throw some fashion in there once and that's how I found her blog.

Well there you have it. I hope you found some new blogs with this post.

Who would you pick for these awards? Or who did you pick if you already have a post? 

12 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for the link love! And your Athleta dress looks fab on you, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, thanks so much, Colleen! I think it's amazing I've only been blogging for a few months - it feels like I've been doing it forever, and I love it! I'm so happy that you enjoy reading my blog, and I'm so happy we've "met"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sally.
    Did you find that your shrunk 2 inches in the dryer though?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, no problem. I only speak the truth. I've been blogging/LiveJournaling forever but only started fashion journaling in July. Feels like forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the shout-out Colleen! I don't know how I missed these awards around the blogosphere, but I'm honored to be among your picks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keira, I was looking at those that linked up on Katy's post and you are listed a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! A lot of new blogs i need to check them out! Lovely blog you have here, too!

    Hayley
    http://theweekendfile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Hayley. You made my day telling me I have a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right about Sal. What a great pick.
    Thanks for linking to Ashley Getting Dressed. I remember liking her the first time I came across her and somehow lost track of her blog. It's good to be reminded of her!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, I think all the awards everyone is giving remind me of blogs I saw before and forgot to follow and also gave me a ton more blogs to follow. I will never keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, thanks! So honored. Glad I could be helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You definitely have some of my all-time fav blogs listed here! It's a great list. - Katy

    ReplyDelete