Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Outfits

I have 2 skirts that I don't really know what to wear with them.  My mom helped me match some stuff back on October 1 and that's all I know.  I have realized in the morning, I can't tell what is what shade and so I won't test out a new combination.  The lack of natural light is awful.

I tested out some stuff.  It started not being bright enough outside and the lack of flash resulted in some poor quality photos. So some of these outfits looked better in person.  Do you ever try on a bunch of stuff just to figure out what outfits will work or do you wait until you get dressed in the morning?
My mom told me that purple didn't go with this skirt but I like it.  The purple tights are new as of yesterday.
The first time I wore it.

The brown shirt with the ruffles is a shirt I've owned for 5 or 6 years and never wore it. I think it matches but I figure if I didn't wear the shirt in all this time maybe I shouldn't wear it.

I thought the light purple shirt went but not with tights. It'd be more in the summer. It made the pink it the skirt look more purple.

The one long sleeve brown sweater seemed to work. The other one was too loose and too long that it didn't look right.

I think the teal cowl neck looks good but my mom specifically said my teal (same shade) turtle neck didn't go with this.

The blazer doesn't work at all. The socks + tights also doesn't work at all.

I have one sweater to wear with this but can't seem to figure out how to wear it with the skirt in the winter. I've worn the shirt with a black shirt underneath but I'd need a different color to go with this skirt.

I put the outfits in the order I liked them.  It is hard to tell in the photos but in some I have on purple tights and in some I have on brown tights.
The first time I wore it.
Here is the 2nd skirt. This one I did have a few more things to go with it because my mom suggested more. I didn't have the purple shirt in the pictures at the time and never thought of wearing it. I love it.

The first time I wore this skirt I wore it with black and black shoes and thought it went. In the pictures, it doesn't seem to go as much.  I would have been wearing this with black all the time, but my mom said to wear it with brown.

The brown sweater doesn't work.

I still have the cardigan I wore with it the first time, but since I knew that went, I didn't waste my time trying things on.

I need to figure out what else to wear with this too.  I wore it on February 2 with something my mom picked out.

Both of these skirts are slightly big now but knowing how I fluctuate and need things in multiple sizes lying around I'm not too concerned.
I got these new brown pants from VS. I've worn them a few times with pink, but am never too sure what to wear with them.  Would these 4 shirts work?  The only one I'm not sure of is the purple sleeveless one. I think it is too bright to go but Dave said it wasn't.

4 comments:

  1. I e-mailed you comments - I put them on the photos, so I had to attach them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly think you don't give yourself enough credit. I really like the combinations with the skirts and I think jewel tones in general would work well. The pants are a neutral so seriously, any color will work. They are a light enough shade that black would look nice, and then pop the outfit with bright shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those outfits look great! I love the purple ruffle tank in the bottom row of photos — super cute. I'm also always impressed by your mastery of belts — I rarely wear them because I just don't know how!
    Doing this kind of thing, experimenting how to put together a ton of outfits to go with one item of clothing, is a great idea. I have so many things in my closet that I never wear just because I don't know how to style them. If you spend an afternoon putting together outfit ideas in advance, then you can wait until the morning to decide what to wear and still have some pre-planned outfits in mind! I'll have to do it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a good idea in theory. I was wanting to do it for 6 months. Even though I only picked 2 skirts and 1 pair of pants it still took me a long time to do it. I have a few vests I'll need to work on next. Let me know if you end up doing it.

    ReplyDelete