Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I failed - April 20 run

I really tried to run "fast" this time and it was slower than 2 times ago when I ran.

I should have updated my Reach goal better but I didn't think it through. I wanted 9:00 min mile pace for loop 1 and figured I wouldn't get 9 again so 9:10 for the next 2... Maybe next time.

Total distance 5:3 mi
1st 1.6 miles I had a 9:11 mile pace.  That was pretty close to my goal.
2nd 1.6 I had 9:25 mile pace. This was worse than I wanted but at least better than last time by a decent amount.
3rd. 1.6 miles was 9:24 mile pace... it was very close to loop but I beat loop 2.  This made me happy  to have my third loop better than 2nd.  I still need to get all 3 loops consistent and get all of them faster.

If I could keep this "pace" I would finish the half in about 2 hours and 2 minutes.  But as you can see, I get worse so who knows.  I really want to beat 2 hours.

I got home and hurt my knee. It hurts to walk. I hurt it trying to carry all my bags from the house to the car.

I hope my knee is better tomorrow. It was my left knee that hurt. I'm not running in the morning to give it more rest time.  I really thought of running at the track today so maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

I wish someone would tape me and critique my form, let me run a few times, and then tape me again.  Or even just doing the critiquing my form part.

Less than 2 weeks until the race.

I will post about the rest of my day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment