Sunday, January 2, 2011

December 11, 2010 - Philly

December 11, started with visited Dave's Mom and then going to Nifty Fifty's.
Then we were off to the city. I think people from Philly refer to it as Center City not like how we refer to Pittsburgh as Downtown (pronounced dahntahn).
 There was some Army Navy game going on. There was a blimp overhead too.

Down to the parking garage
 I took pictures while Dave was driving.
We were headed to the National Constitution Center. You couldn't take pictures inside so I bought some postcards with some things that I couldn't capture.  I scanned a few (bottom of the post) but they aren't ones from inside the museum.

A unique daily photo location
Notice the hack in the background. That tower isn't actually the tower. The was construction going on and they put up a fake.

It was my 2nd time in downtown (besides the one time I got picked up from the train station) and it was my 2nd time visiting the Liberty Bell. Some nice lady asked Dave to take her picture and then offered to take ours.  He was taking pictures of the bell and she could see his camera. I think that's why she picked him. They had the same camera.  The bell behind me was also a nice photo location.
 Then it was time to drive home.

 On old movie theater was turned into a church
More churches
Then we went to Dave's dad's house again. We hung out there a little.  Then we went to Pat's for dinner.  We can never get enough Pat's.  Then it was back home to exchange gifts and hang out.
One of these times we will visit relatives and I'll take pictures of the people instead of pictures of the pets.
We got back to our hotel before 9. I thought I could have tons of time to blog, but instead I went to sleep.

Below are the postcards that I scanned.

1 comment: