Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Body Pump 75 Release

On October 19, I went to Body Pump Release 75 at our gym at work. I read this review before attending class so I knew some of what was coming.

I wouldn't recommend running first or give yourself 5 minutes to decompress. The room was sooo hot that I was dying before we started.  I ran for 15 minutes prior to class. Well I ran for 5, did 2 minutes of stretching, ran for 10, then did 3 minutes of stretching. Then I had less than a minute to get stuff set up for class.


BODYPUMP 75 Track List
1. Fever – OneZeroOne
2. Watcha Say (B-Tastic Remix) – Henry Blank
3. Shut It Down – Pitbull featuring Akon
4. Wherever You Will Go (Handz Up Edit) – Jan Wayne
5. Bad Influence – P!nk
6. Cowboy Casanova – Carrie Underwood
7. I Will Be Here – DJ Lotus
8. Ravers In The UK (Hypasonic Remix) – Manian
9. More – Usher
10. Whataya Want From Me – Adam Lambert


The warmup seemed too easy.

The squats hurt my knee but otherwise I'm not sure how bad they would be. I'm still using lower weights (my chest weight.  5kg and 2.5kg on each side) for things for my legs.

Chest felt easy and then boom hard. It was a GOOD workout. There are pushups at the end and I did all pushups and had my feet up on a bench for them.   I did my normal chest weight (5 and 2.5).

Chest caused me to be fatigued for the back track. I used my chest weight, which is what I always use.  It was easier than normal though. Well I mean it was easier after I was done being fatigued. This track varies from the standard back track because it's not 3 of the same set. The last set only did the easy stuff then clean and press and then it ended. There were no wide rows or triple wides at the end.

Triceps: I did 5 and 1.  not bad.   It felt short and easy.  You use a 2.5 at the end to do kick backs or whatever they are called.

Biceps: I'm awful at singles. I did 2.5, 1, and 1. (so 4.5 instead of 5s)    I can never keep up on singles.
Lunges: I did 5 and 1 (low for me.   then i saw that was more than the trainer had)
The room was cramped so I couldn't stand straight forward like normal and had to angle. I didn't like that.  After lunges, the track ends with squats and they are rough... but rough in a good way.

Then I loved shoulders. It was so challenging, but I liked it.  I did use less than 5 for the bar part of shoulders because i was worried it'd be rough. It was so rough that after the track was over it was difficult to move my bench out of my way for abs.  It is my favorite shoulders track ever.

They said abs was challenging. I felt it in my abs but it was not too hard. I liked it.  Tip: make sure you move your bench and weights out of the way of your feet and arms. I kicked my stuff about 4 times, so I couldn't step as big.   We don't normally step big and they didn't warn us.   Plus it was cramped so hard to make room.

Stretching was so so. I actually don't think I got a good stretch at all.

Oh chest was kind of rough because of my run I was sweating and it was going in my right eye so I did the entire 2nd half the track with my eyes closed except every few seconds I'd open and check if i was on with where i was supposed to be (I was).
The only song I recognized was the last song (cooldown). Also I didn't like the slow songs but I bet I'll get used to them.

I would be able to judge squats and lunges better if I wasn't still babying it because of my knee.

Has anyone done Body Pump 75?  What did you think?

3 comments:

  1. It's a good release. You do know those trainers have to teach that class at least 2-3 times a week, as well as at least one other class every day? It has to be hard on their bodies to always have as much weight on as they'd like to use...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do realize. I even wrote about how I'm impressed with them. I wrote that about a year ago.

    Also during release week they teach extra. Like 4 or 5 times. Really your body shouldn't lift that often. I font know how they do it.

    ReplyDelete