Friday, October 29, 2010

Shopping - Cranberry (10.29.10)

I was going to Ann Taylor Loft and I had good intentions to spend a decent amount of money. I just couldn't find what I wanted. I only spent $10.42.  I thought I was spending $14.88 but everything in the store was 30% off and that included the redlines.
Original Price: $89.50
Paid: $10.42
I just need a cardigan for over this. I would have a pink one but the one at the store just wasn't working for me.
Next I went into Old Navy. I haven't purchased anything there since before college. I only went because other people I know find things there and it is more inexpensive. I decided to give it a try. When walking in an employee gave me a 20% off coupon good on anything except outerwear.  I picked up a bunch of stuff but hated it.  I hate the boyfriend cardigans. I don't like them so loose around my body. Also I don't like the arms not fitting in cardigans this year.  One of the things I tried on was this ruffle tank.  I never even try on ruffles of any sort let alone buy them. I wanted to branch out of my comfort zone. I loved it. I bought the tank originally priced $14.50.  It was on sale for $6 but I got to use the 20% off coupon I got when I walked in.
Original Price: $14.50
Paid: $4.80

Total in purchases today: $15.22
Even though I didn't get what I wanted or as much as I wanted, shopping was a success.

Below are things I did not get
Pink Cardigan because it goes too low and was too tight in the arms.  Ugh about all these boyfriend cardigans.
$10 dress but it was too big.

Skirt and cardigan.  Skirt slightly big so sat lower on hips but still an inch too high above my knee. Also It was dry clean only.  Cardigan because it was too see through in the arms and too tight for my arms.  I bunched up the cardigan for the skirt picture so you could see the top of the skirt.

There were about 10 other things I tried on and didn't get. I never try on that many things but I went with the intentions of buying a lot so I tried on a lot.  I failed.

Where is your favorite place to shop? 

2 comments:

  1. I certainly agree that this trip was a success!

    I am also wondering what is up with the boyfriend cardigans.

    Some of my favorite cardigans are from Loft and Old Navy (most purchased last year). This season, the ON cardigans are quite sheer and look a tad "cheap." Most of the Loft cardigans are a wool-blend, which I can't wear. There is a new ruffled one at Loft that I am watching though.

    ReplyDelete