Thursday, October 21, 2010

Friend Friday: Product Placement

1. As we watched the Chilean Miners being rescued last week, there were many things to take note of - the amazing faith of these people,the joy of life, love and family, and - interestingly enough - product placement. As you watched the rescue efforts did you notice the products? What were your thoughts?
I actually didn't watch the rescue at all but I heard about it and heard about the product placement.

2. Product placement is all around us today, what do you think makes it such a marketing gold mine?  Product placement just is in the background people notice without realizing why so then they remember it.  If it's a commercial, we all know the commercial is trying to sell us something and we are more skeptical.  Product placement shows someone using something and we just think how good said thing must be for someone to be using it. Or we don't even notice it but at the store we remember the thing and want it and don't know why.

3. On your blog, either now or in the future, what is/will be your stance on highlighting specific products?  I highlight products I like or hate. I do it on my own. I wrote a post about how awful Quaker Steak was.  If it's awesome, I think others should know about it. If it's awful, I feel the same way.  They aren't paying me to do it. I get no benefit except that I think it's good/bad and I always like honest opinions from others.  If I were to ever review a product because I was asked by a company, I would do so honestly and also state that the review was because they company asked me to do so.

4. If the opportunity arose would you give a bad review of a product?  Yup. If I didn't like it, it gets a bad review.  If it's just mediocre or I kind of don't like it, it usually doesn't stick in my mind enough to be posted about though.

5. Do you view your blog as a product? Where have you or do you hope to place it?  I never have before but now that you mention it, I guess it is. I hope others place links to my blog on their blog and beyond that I have no idea.

4 comments:

  1. Lol, I never thought of my blog as a product either until this question came up.

    Kendra
    http://closetconfections.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm same as you - I didn't watch the rescue, but the only thing I heard about from other people was the products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am actually in total agreement with pretty much all your answers here. great minds think alike :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one thinking this way.

    ReplyDelete