Sunday, October 31, 2010

Making Strides for Breast Cancer

On October 16, I participated in Making Strides for Breast Cancer.  It was a 5k walk in Pittsburgh to support Breast Cancer.  This was the first year Pittsburgh had this walk.   We got a team together for NA-YGN at work and about a dozen of us raised funds and walked. Dave also participated.  I was glad he was finally willing to participate in some event.  Our team raised about $1500.
I already wrote about my outfit awhile ago.
In the summer, I also participate in the Relay for Life.   For my wedding three years ago, we donated money to the American Cancer Society instead of doing party favors that nobody ever keeps anyway. 

1 comment:

  1. This is such an important cause. I did the 5km walk/jog in swansea this year. It is my 6th year to do it. Good on you giving donations instead of favours. I wanted to do that but my mother wasnt very happy. So we gave bottle opener keyrings and perfume atomisers, but had a sweetie buffet and people donated money for Parkinson's research.

    Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home

    ReplyDelete