Sunday, October 3, 2010

In the Bag: Makeup Edition

I'm pretty sure it is somehow bad for me that some of this makeup is so old.
Makeup in my gym bag
In the summer I would workout at least 3 mornings a week and then this is what I used to do my makeup. All other days I used my "entire" collection that was at home. 

Eyeshadow: NYC for brown eyes I think (even though my eyes aren't brown) purchased ~4 months ago. 
Foundation: Cover Girl - I thought it was the same one that I had at home. I learned while taking these pictures that it is not.  Purchased the same day as the eye shadow. I used to have 1 bag for makeup and I got sick of having to put it in and out of my gym bag. 
Eyeliner: Cover Girl. I tried to buy the same 2 days ago but failed. Purchased the same day as the other 2 items. 
Blush: From a make-up kit I got in early high school and never used. 
Lipstick:  CoverGirl 554 ... that they don't sell anymore at Target and it's my favorite. They tell me to try 551. Maybe I should. I have tried 555 and 556 and don't like either as much.
Powder: CoverGirl to put on over my foundation.   Purchased the same day as the rest.  Now I don't normally wear foundation or powder but after the gym I almost always do for 2 reasons. 1. To cover my red face from working out. 2. Because seeing all the other girls get ready and put on makeup, I felt like I should wear more. They spend forever putting on makeup. 

Makeup at home
Oi I just realized I don't have my purple eyeliner in this picture. I wonder where it is. I haven't used it in a long time...

Blush: Cover Girl - purchased the same days as the stuff above. 
Eyeshadow: Delia's back in eye school. 
Eyeliner: Covergirl (new) and NYC (old)
Trublend foundation: I either use this or the liquid one in the right corner 
Eyeshadow: NYC (purchased about a year ago)
Powder: Trublend - purchased when most of the stuff was purchased for my bag at the gym.  
solid foundation or whatever the compact is: Cover Girl - purchased the day of my Westinghouse interview (November 16, 2005)
Lipsticks:
Lancome It Girl (1 week ago purchase)
Cover Girl 015 Born with it (purchased 2 days ago)
Cover Girl 205 (purchased 2 days ago)
Cover Girl all day wear 556
Nutrogena Brightening Eye perfector (purchased 2 days ago)

All make-up purchased at Target except the Lacome lipstick (Macy's), the foundation compact (Kmart), eyeshadow with purple (Delia's), Blush in work bag (Sam's Club).
Including things that I purchased two days ago and haven't even worn makes it seem like I have a ton of makeup.
Also half the days I don't wear any of the foundations. 
Everyday that I leave the house I wear lipstick, eyeshadow, and eyeliner. If I wear foundation or blush, it's for an added bonus. Sometimes I wear it just to look nicer in my daily picture.

I love the CoverGirl stay on lipcolor. It's wonderful.  I love the eyeliner in my work bag. I couldn't even find it at Target this last time. 

I miss my eyeshadow from highschool that was the perfect shade of brown and had a thing that you put on first that made the eye shadow last. It was Cover Girl.  The one in my work bag has the thing that makes it last but it's not as good. 
I used to love NYC eyeliner because it went on so smooth but lately I discovered the Cover Girl one and it was self sharpening so I don't need an eyeliner sharpener so it's better.  For awhile I used the eyeliner that was liquid but like a pen (instead of a brush and tube kind of like mascara is) but that ran out 3 days ago (why I had to buy new eyeliner)

My  mom tells me all the time how she loves my eyes with mascara but that's too much work. The waterproof kind never remove right even with my eye makeup remover. I look like a raccoon in the morning even when I try to remove it. I bought some non-waterproof kind recently but just slacked at putting it on and then they say that stuff lasts 3-4 months so I just threw it away after about 6 months. 

I also used to use an eyelash curler in middle school and high school. I really thought that made my lashes look better but I cut that out of my routine and now I don't even have an eyelash curler. I remember wishing I had one on my wedding day; that was about it. 

Check out what's in Kendi's makeup bag. (I just realized Kendi's pictures are better because she opened the makeup so you can actually see the colors.

So what is your favorite makeup?  Also make your own post and link it here; I'd love to see it.
How long does your makeup last?

I have noticed that some people say they don't wear makeup and then they take longer to put on their makeup than I do. I don't get it. If you wear makeup admit it and share your secrets. Also I know many guys who claim they don't like girls to wear makeup yet their girlfriends wear makeup and all the girls they point out as being good looking are wearing makeup.   I think makeup is a great thing. I'd probably wear more or different stuff if I discovered some secret to make me look even more awesome. I say even more because I already look awesome. ;)

I think later I will put makeup on half my face and make a post about that. I would do it now but I'm lazy and still in my PJs.

No comments:

Post a Comment