Sunday, January 16, 2011

December 20 - Practice with Poly

Cami and Jeans: Express
Cardigan: NY&Co (What color is this? I never know.)
Shoes: online
Belt: Target
Necklace Lia Sophia
(This is me without makeup. This is me in a hurry. I didn't even pull back down my cardigan for the pictures.)
Bright and early, I left to go to my mom's with Poly. We wanted to see how she would act to know if we would take her on Christmas Eve/Christmas.  Do you travel with your cat or leave your cat home while you are gone, when you will be gone at least one night?
First off Poly hated her box. She cried the entire way. Too bad it takes almost an hour to get to my parents.
Well she went under the tree even though my mom sprayed the area with this stuff that would make cats not want to go near it. But Poly was good and didn't knock over any ornaments.
She went on the counters, but nobody was looking (except me and my camera) so that was ok.
My parents have a window sill. Poly had to check that out.
While Timmy was out, I had him look for a better cat crate. He called and gave me some dimensions and I told him they were too small. So he suggested this other one and I said to get it. He brought it home and I learned that it is for dogs. Oh well. Poly went right in. I figured that would never happen again but it did before it was time to go.
Poly was distraught. She was uneasy but good.
Before we left, I took a little nap. 
Then it was time to go home.  Poly cried but not as bad.  But then when I got on the phone, she stopped crying. So after I got off the phone and she started crying again, I called my mom and said we had to talk the rest of the way home.  Apparently talking on the phone is talking differently than talking to Poly and she likes one over the other.  Poly would cry louder when I told her how many miles we had left on our trip and what percent done we were.
After we got home, I could not find her. I looked and looked. Eventually I found her under the cedar chest.

While Poly was out, she didn't nap at all. Even with all the crying on the trip, it is worth it to travel with her instead of ditching her. She hates the ditching even more.
Later in the evening, Poly did a lot of napping. Most of that napping took place on my lap.
I took a lot more pictures of her that you can also view if you want.  Timmy took a ton of pictures too, but I don't have those. I still need to get them.

I made peanut butter balls and no-bakes before going to be.

7 comments:

  1. Your cat does all sorts of fun cat things. I love that she likes to go in things. We used to build our cats elaborate cat funhouses and they never cared one bit. Well, Kitty Girl didn't. She was mean and lived to be 22 in people years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Callie, Poly probably wants someone to build her elaborate cat funhouses.

    Since you love that she goes into things, do you also like that I post all about it? I think Poly needs her own blog but that would be too confusing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like reading about it, and think it fits here. She gives me hope that cats are fun. I always had the impression of them that they won't listen, you have to beg them for affection, they stink up your house with a litter box, and in return you get nothing. But she's a pleasant surprise.

    Now that I think of it, our dog, Milo, is basically a cat that chews stuff up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Poly loves to cuddle with you on her terms. If you pick her up and put her on your lap, she does not stay. She loves to be held, but only when she wants to be. If there is company and commotion, she does not want to be held.

    Someone told us that they have been in a lot of houses with cats and they can't smell our litter at all. Every other house she could if she was in the room with the litter. She wanted details of what we use so she could share with her friends. BTW at the time she said all this I thought we badly needed to change our litter.

    Poly sleeps on me every night and every night I wake up with severe back pain. I almost wanted to scream last night. I wonder if there is a correlation. She sleeps on me when I'm on my back. I can't take it anymore so I have to slide her off and turn over. Then she cuddles up with me when I'm on my side. (I take pictures sometimes but I'm too behind in posting.)
    Poly just meowed hi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meowed hi back.

    When Reef sneaks on the bed with me it is a) barely classifiable as sneaking, and b) definitely the cause of any affiliated severe back pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a cat (or any pets for that matter) but this post was informative. If we do get a pet, we'd like a cat. But I'm allergic, so there's only a few breeds of hypoallergenic cats I could get. One of the main reasons I prefer cats over dogs is that you don't HAVE to take them with you when you travel for short periods of time. Most of my travel is just on weekends (mainly just two nights, not even long weekends) and by plane rather than car, and it would just be too crazy to have to worry about dog sitters or kennels. My understanding is cats are more independent and could handle such a lifestyle better than a dog. Do you have any advice on that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angeline, My cat is unlike most cats but from what I hear most cats handle being alone just fine but still snub you when you get home because you left them. Some cats like other cats more. When we got Poly, they said she liked other cats. We don't have other cats. She doesn't like being alone as much as other cats might. Sometimes when I leave and my husband is home, he hears her crying. She thinks we are both gone and is sad. The same happened once when I was home. Once she realizes we are there, she just sleeps so I don't see the big deal.

    We left Poly for 3 days before and she was sad when we got home. My mom has offered to watch her next time we travel, so I think we'll just do that. My mom is not even a cat person. I think she's only liked 2 cats in her entire life.

    When my friend traveled who lived in my apartment complex, she just had me go in and visit a few times to feed the cat but her cat was overweight so she didn't want to put 3 days of food out all at once. Now I don't live in her apartment complex and I don't ever pop in to see the cat. I'm not sure what she does now.

    I like dogs better overall but I hate leaving a dog alone while I'm at work.

    If you have any other questions, let me know.

    ReplyDelete