Friday, January 28, 2011

January 28 - Green Tights

I wore green tights today. Dave told me I did not look like an elf (like he said I did last time).
Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft (It is too big but I tried to tuck lots of things in to make it not as big.) (on sale for 44 I think)
Shirt: Ann Taylor Loft (~$20)
Blazer: Sears($19.99)
Shoes: Sears ($9.99)
Tights: Target ($5)
Necklace Lia Sophia

What didn't work: Tucking in my shirt just made my skirt look too long. I felt a lot better in this outfit until I got home and started editing my daily pictures. Also right after these pictures, I tightened my belt and I checked all day and it hadn't slid down. Too bad my pictures show it in the wrong place.

The tights and those type of shoes are still things outside of my comfort zone.

I worked today but there were very few other people there.  Dave and I went out to lunch because I wasn't going over to Building 1 when I didn't have to. Thursday still had me mad about wasting time so I didn't go over. We went to Jersey Mike's for lunch and I got a Tuna Hoagie. Yum.

I brought workout clothes to work but then I kept working too long and was getting too hungry and then I'd still be working so I just decided to go home.  I made grilled ham and cheese for dinner. It is good. It is too hard to make 5 grilled cheeses and eat them. I can only do 2 at a time. You also don't want them to sit.  Kind of annoying.

Then it was TV time.


Poly hung out on me while we watched TV.  I actually watched an additional show even though I have a lot to do because I didn't want to force her to wake up and get off me.
I packed up scrapbooking for an all day scrapbooking thing tomorrow.  Then I started picking out my 30 for 30 items. I had the luxury of looking at what I wore last February to see if I had to keep wearing layers or went to 3/4 length sleeves before the end.  I didn't want to make the 30 for 30 so easy this time. The fall version was a breeze. So then I want to pick more difficult things, but then I only have like one way to wear the shirt or the skirt unless I throw in a few more difficult things.  Then most of my choices are the browns instead of blacks. Maybe I should just go all tan, brown, khaki, earth tones this time around instead of mostly black with a couple brown things.

What should I definitely include in my 30 for 30?  Below are 4 options that are in the running.  Should I put them in.How would I wear the plaid besides 1 outfit with jeans?  How can I wear the sleeveless top besides under a black sweater or under a blazer or cardigan (black)? The tan skirt is really my tan or gray or khaki or green skirt depending on the lighting.  I think I need to have at least 3 remix ideas in my head before I'll put something in the mix, even though some articles I only end up wearing once or twice.  If I do it harder this time, then I will probably need to wear things 3 times.


Below are pictures from the last time I wore my green tights.  I have not blogged January 14 yet so I don't have the blog post to link to. When I had on the red coat is when Dave told me I looked like an elf but then he didn't stop all day long.  I also did not coordinate my folder on purpose.

6 comments:

  1. You don't look like an elf at all! Not even with that fantastic red coat!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda. Every time I'm about to put on the green tights I wonder if I'd look like an elf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those tights are great! That outfit would look really cute with the skirt pulled up more like a high-waisted skirt, just tighten the belt for a paper-bag effect. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skirt is high. High waisted skirts make my legs look nice and my torso look awful. When I looked at the pictures, I remembered why I usually leave my shirt untucked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute shoes...and the look is very non-elfish...men...they just have the stranges trains of thought!

    ReplyDelete