Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 8 - White (10.7.10) and Shopping

Cami: Express (2009 but today is the first time I wore it) (Currently buy one get one half off at Express.)
Sweater: Express (2007 at least - better than the sweaters from Winter 2010 because these do not get lint all over my pants)
Skirt: Express (2010)
Boots: Famous Footwear - Mudd
Necklace: Target (October 1, 2010)

Challenging parts:
The cami is a good 5 inches too long. Not only was it too long for the sweater but it goes down too far over my butt in general.  I folded it up under neath to make it end at the correct spot. It was difficult to not pull it down throughout the day when I could tell my shirt wasn't snug in the back.

Also these Mudd boots are like a few of my other Mudd shoes in that the label on the bottom of the shoe has too much definition and my foot cannot handle the texture. I even wore thick socks over my pantyhose to try to stop it from bothering me. It did not work. I need some insoles to put into these like I did with the brown pair of shoes I wore earlier this week.

Another challenging part was that my husband left for work before I was dressed so I didn't get a second opinion on how I looked in these boots with this skirt. I never know if I look nice or look like a hooker and for work I really hope I don't look like a hooker.  I was worried all day that I looked like a hooker.  The problem I have is that I don't notice any engineers wearing boots to work (except 1 person but I won't go into that).  I do notice some of the non-engineer employees wearing boots throughout the days but somehow you can tell a non-engineer from an engineer and the non-engineers always make whatever work for them while the engineers don't seem to dress outside the box. I do have an idea for a post coming up. I would have posted it already dealing with engineers and not but I have to make a little pictorial representation first and I haven't had the time.

I really hope I didn't look like a hooker because I ended up talking to my manager three separate times.
At work I felt super productive all day. The day flew by which was great. Then at the end of the day, I was only able to cross one thing off my to do list.  I have 20 things left on my work to do list.

After work I headed to Ross Park Mall. Haley and I ate at the Cheesecake Factory
We ordered Nachos.
Haley got Sweet Potato Fries
I got regular French Fries

We tried to order small since it was early and I was still full from lunch. We didn't do a good job at that.  We also ate bread before our food came.  We couldn't finish our food. At lunch and at dinner, I ate so much that I felt like I was going to throw up. Brie joined us and helped us try to finish our food but we still didn't finish it.  Dinner took from 4:30-7... insane.
Shopping took 7-9. It would have taken longer but the mall closed on me. I still had more stores that I wanted to go into.
I went shopping. Instead of a detailed post, here is a cluttered post. I bought 8 things for a total of $131.47. The average cost of an item was $16.43
Note there are 2 yellow things. One is a print. But now I am covered for the rest of my rotation challenge.
The brown skirt is actually brown and black. I didn't realize until I got home.
The striped shirt is actually black and white striped. I thought it was navy and white at the store.
The tights were an impulse buy.
The two dresses were on sale and are too short to wear to work.
Based on all that the skirt and the gray cardigan are my favorite purchases of the day... and they were the two most expensive things.

I may or may not provide a more detailed post about my shopping adventure.

5 comments:

  1. I am coveting all of those foods (but the nachos the most).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nachos looked better than they were

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...but the french fries were FANTASTIC:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you looked like a hooker. If that's what a hooker looks like, I wanna look like one.

    Also, I love the brown/black skirt. You should wear it with an orange or purple shirt and brown boots. yessss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to wear the skirt with the gold shirt BUT I'm off work on Friday and that is yellow day so I was indecisive if I should ave it for next time or not.

    ReplyDelete