Friday, October 8, 2010

Friend Friday: Criticism

Another week, another round of questions.

1. Do you allow comments on your blog? Why or why not? 
Yes, because my goal in life is to get comments on my blog. OK maybe not my goal in life but I love getting comments.

2. Do you think at times people leave comments that are insincere or not well-thought out? What's the point?  I haven't experienced it on my own blog but sometimes when looking at another blog I run across a few quick comments. I think all bloggers and commenters and bloggers are in a hurry and we don't spend forever formulating our thoughts.  I think anything is better than nothing.  I do notice that the more I comment, the more hits I get on my own page. I still don't just go around commenting like crazy if I don't have something to say. I'm not sure what everyone else things about this though.

3. Would you ever leave a comment that could be considered negative? I guess it depends how well I know the person.  If I like an outfit, I try to comment saying I like it but sometimes 80 people already made that comment so I don't do it. If I don't like the outfit, I move on to the next post that has an outfit that I like.

4. Most people claim to like constructive criticism. Do you really and how do you offer that kind of criticism to others? I really do like constructive criticism. How will I improve without the opinion of others.  Some people do go about presenting it in the wrong way. Sometimes I do what the person says and sometimes I don't. I like to hear what they have to say and I really think about it but sometimes, I fall back on my own thoughts and not theirs.  Every time I offer constructive criticism, I try to say something they did well before going into how they can improve. I also do not just say "that presentation sucked" or "that outfit sucked" but I say why it didn't work and what could be done to fix it. If I don't have a solution, I also make that clear and make it known that it is a tougher situation but to think about it more.

5. Some bloggers don't allow comments in order to cut down on negativity. Do you think that is the way to go or are there other ways to deal with the negative vibes? I never actually saw a blog that doesn't allow comments so I guess I'm sheltered here. I would allow comments but add the screening feature before they are posted or something like that.  If you don't hear the bad, you can't ever hear the good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment