Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 4 - Orange (3.18.11)

Shirt: JCP (2005 or earlier)
Jeans: Express (2005 or earlier)
Cardigan: NY&Co (July 2010)
Shoes: Aldo (February 19, 2011 -$60)
Belt: Aeropostal (2005 or earlier)
So I gave jumping a try again.  I can't get my face to quit looking like I'm in pain.  Some of the jumps were a little better this time. I think it helped that a flash wasn't required.
After a few more "normal" pictures, I tried jumping again. The one with my arms up in the air shows how my shirt/jeans kept goign all day. My gut kept becoming exposed.

 Earrings and Necklace: Target (purchased halfway through the day)

What worked: 
The shoes. Kimberly suggested wearing them with jeans and I never thought of that idea.  The new jewelry worked out great.

What didn't work:
The pants were too low rise and the shirt was too cropped.

Later in the day, Dave looked at me and got confused. He asked me why I looked like I was in college.  Well it is because I wore most of these things while in college.
September 1, 2005 and February 15, 2006.
There were many other days too. Looks like the midriff always had issues showing.

My husband laughed like crazy when he saw my jumping pictures. He thinks they shouldn't be on here because they are so crazy.

Do you ever randomly wear an outfit with some a bunch of really old pieces? If so, do you end up liking it?

7 comments:

  1. Like the orange with pastel blue. Looks cool. The face expressions in your jumping poses are priceless! :)
    I love introducing super old pieces from my closet in my current outfits. There are always minor details I don't like about the old pieces but I refuse to buy similar items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daphne, I wore so much old. If I wore the jeans with the newer longer shirts, I would have been fine and my midriff would have been covered. Also If I wore the shirt with higher rise pants, I would have been OK.
    Lesson learned.

    I incorporate old stuff in my wardrobe. I need to incorporate my oldest red shirt for next red day. 1998 for that one. black isn't in the rotation but 1999 for a black shirt I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have given up so many of my old pieces, because I just had trouble styling them. But there are a few dresses that stick around from the college days. :) And I love them!!! :) So glad you tried the jeans with the heels. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimberly, I have given up a ton but have saved a ton too. I have 4 ft of my closet with clothes I haven't given away but rarely if ever wear. I have things in that part of the closet that I haven't worn in 4 years. OK I have a dress there that I haven't worn since May 2002.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this outfit. It suits you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brie, what about this outfit suits me so well? I'm just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One, you always look really great in jeans. Two, it's a more casual look, which makes you look more comfortable. Three, the combination of a bright saturated color (the orange) with the pale, cool blue seems to balance out your skin tone well.
    Also, the belt is awesome and quirky. :)

    ReplyDelete