Monday, March 7, 2011

Pretty Good Treadmill Run

I ran 3.1 miles on the treadmill today. I planned to do 3. I was going to cut it to 2. Then I decided to do 3.1.  Multiple things motivated me during the run.  I think the best part was constantly switching the speed for intervals. That made it go so quickly.  I also got some good intervals in.

MileActualReach GoalGoal
108:2908:4509:00
208:2309:0009:30
308:4809:1509:30
3.101:0101:0001:20
    
 26:4128:0029:20
too slow by:-0:01:19-0:02:39


I did stop at .5 to stretch.
Then at 1.6 (so 1.1 continuous) to get some water and wipe the sweat off of me. I also stretched the ol' shins again.
Then I went 1.15 mi. I thought that put me at 2.25. I was going to just stop then.  But I did some math and realized it was in fact 2.75. Well I couldn't quit so short of my goal so I got back on and ran .25 at 8.2 mph, which is the fastest I ever set a treadmill to.  Then I did the last .1 at a slow 6.0 mph to cool down a little.  

The quarter mile was only at 1:53 because the machine takes so long to get up to speed. Also I think I have to hit the arrow buttons on this machine to increase the speed. It also won't just let you hold it. It makes a little stop at 3.0 and another one at 5.5 and a few more on the way up.  I like these treadmills better than the other ones for a lot of reasons but the reason I don't like them as much is the holding the arrow button part. I like the other treadmills that I can hit speed then hit numbers to get to a speed. The other ones make intervals a lot easier.  I am not sure how to set up intervals automatically on the treadmill but I want to learn.

If only I could get this time at the 5k in 2 weeks. Last year I got 26:28 with a 2nd taking over 10 minutes. But that course was hilly and I had speed last year.

2 comments:

  1. Speed work is pretty much the only thing I can stand to do on the treadmill. Adjusting the speed at intervals makes it so much more tolerable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. I do intervals all the time. sometimes I do it every .25. Sometimes I do 2 min/1min repeat. Sometimes I think I do 1 min, 1 min but I can't remember an instance of that so it's been awhile if I did that.

    ReplyDelete