Saturday, March 5, 2011

Friend Friday: Beauty Products

Katy decided to ask some questions about Beauty Products this week. I am delayed and it is now Saturday but better late than never.
1. What's your favorite drug store makeup product and your favorite higher-end product?
Drug Store: Cover Girl Color Stay lipcolor (or whatever it is called)
Sephora: Eye Primer

I previously wrote about What's in my makeup bag and also my Sephora purchase
A close second is the Sephora eyeshadow but I think I mainly like it because I always use it with primer.

All of my makeup is from Target except the Sephora items mentioned above. I like it.

2. Is there one type of product that is your go-to, can't live without?
I'd say lipstick but I'm not even picky as to which one. I just need something on my lips.  They feel so dry without anything and also don't look so great either.

3. What's the best hair product you've ever used?
I'm still trying to find it.  I have used multiple humidity resistant hair sprays and they don't last in the humidity. I have used sculpting gel and don't think it did anything.   When I had a perm, all gels and spray gels were wonderful even the cheapest ones. I'm open to suggestions here. I want my hair to hold a curl.

4. Fess up, what's the worst beauty look you've tried to rock and look back at now with a little shame or apprehension that you actually did that?
I can't even think of anything I do. I tend to still do the same things now as I ever did.  I get perms but my hair gets long and my hair gets big at the bottom but is pulled down at the top and also the perm grows out and then it is super straight on top but I never tried to rock the perm half grown out thing, I just tried to wait until perm grew out the rest of the way thing.
I highlighted my hair once and it didn't work so the lady used bleach and it was too light but from the day I got it I knew it was bad and told people every chance I got.  May 20 kind of shows how light it was.
I really liked my hair highlighted but then I never got it rehighlighted soon enough and had roots. That was no good. But then I also hated when you got it highlighted again that the bottom 8 inches of your hair was way too light because the same strands of hair were never highlighted. (Natural is better... less upkeep for a lazy person. but also if you are superstitious you wouldn't want to highlight your hair anymore if you were me. [time 1 I highlight my hair and Dave's brother dies, time 2 and his mom, at 43, has a heart attach and needs triple bypass surgery, time 3 his grandpap dies. I thought of highlighted it a 4th time and the next day we learn his aunt had fallen in her tub and nobody found her for 2 days and later she died.])

5. When it comes to beauty products, we all use the same basic products. What do you use that helps show off your personal flare and personality?
I don't think I do anything so I blend in with everyone. I don't use any hair products 99% of the time.  I wear standard makeup. I don't do anything fancy with it.  I even do a bad job at plucking my eyebrows.

I'm bad with all things beauty. I'm just too lazy or don't think the work makes my appearance that much better. What do you do? What are your favorite things?

No comments:

Post a Comment