Monday, March 21, 2011

March 18 details - dentist, shopping, tires

I started off my day hitting snooze a few times. 
I used my computer a little and cleaned up a little.

Then it was off to the Dentist. That was only the second time I've had Novocain. Last time was many years ago and I stayed numb for 5 hours. That was the part I was worried about. I made my appointment at 11AM so that I could have time to actually eat before the appointment. I did eat a little, but not as much as I should have. I got called back to the room right away and was told the dentist would be right with me. He was not. Over the course of 30 minutes, different assistants popped their head in to tell me he'd be right with me. All lies. I did get to read and reply to work emails, read and reply to personal emails, and catch up on 2 days worth of twitter. They have TVs in the rooms but nobody even offered to turn it on for me.
Then the doctor finally came in and got started.  At one point he said I was a "saliva factory." He mentioned I had a "curious tongue" and that it "does not cooperate."   My jaw hurt so bad. I wanted to close my mouth. I miss my old dentist. They know about my TMJ. They remember me. This guy didn't even remember things he did to me at my appointment a month ago.  My jaw hurt so bad that my eyes started watering. I was so glad to finally be done.   Right near the end the dentist made some comment about "that look" and how he feels bad for my husband. I wonder what my look was. I was sure thinking about how I hated having my mouth open and how my old dentist was nice. 
Never get cavities. That's the worst.  

After the dentist, I headed right over to Target. My mouth was still swollen and I was still numb but shopping had to get done.  I bought new knee highs and new pantyhose at Target. I stocked up. I got 4 pairs of knee highs and 4 pairs of pantyhose. I should be set for awhile. I also bought some other stuff. 

Then I headed over to TJ Maxx and bought a bunch of running gear. I bought 2 pairs of spandex shorts and 2 running skirts that have the build in shorts under them.   I wanted to look for skirts but I couldn't even find them in the entire store. I looked at other stuff but didn't buy anything. 

Then I went to Kohl's since last year I got an awesome cardigan there around this time of year and the good ones sold out quickly.  I found some cool things.  I bought 4 things. A tank, 2 cardigans, and a belt. 
The tank has a zipper on the side so you can get it on easier but I get it on and off without using the zipper. I only realized the zipper was there after I tried it on. I decided to see if they had a smaller size and see how that worked. They did not so I just bought this one. I was trying to find print skirts but failed. I at least got a print top. A print can tie so many colors together but I tend to wear solids and own solids and I wanted to branch out.
Poly hung out in her bag while I was showing Dave my new clothes.
Since my 5k race was at my high school, I would be visiting my parents. My dad wanted their tires from my basement so they could take off the snow tires. There are 4 tires. They were supposed to be 4 from my brother's car but he messed up and brought 2 from his car and 2 of my dad's when he came up to drop them off awhile back.

It started with me carrying Timmy's tires upstairs. They are little, which made them so easy to carry. Then I carried my dad's upstairs. I bumped into lots of stuff in the process. I guess I took up more room with carrying 2 bigger tires at one time. I probably shouldn't have things on the landing or on the sides of the stairs that should go to the basement anyway. I knocked over the thing of 12 Kleenex boxes but the other tire caught it.

Then carrying my dad's tires to the garage, I almost tripped on the steps because the tire got caught on the doorway. I almost fell face first but twisted and caught myself.

Then I was rearranging the trunk to get my dad's tires in and next thing I notice the tire isn't beside me. I turn around and it's in the middle of the street rolling. I ran. It rolled. It kept rolling down the neighbors driveway. I kicked it into high gear and was able to knock it over just before it went over the little cliff behind the neighbors house. I never realized how cliffy it was back there. It was 1 ft from the edge.
Their dog had a field day barking from inside the house at me.  I lost some time running because I bent down to pick up the tire bag that was in the middle of our driveway.
Then I get back up and put it in the truck and I hear Dave saying "Why were you carrying a tire from the neighbors yard?"
I didn't get a picture of what it looks like down our driveway and down the neighbors, but you can see it a little bit in the back of a bunch of my daily pictures.  The entire time I was running down after the tire I thought too bad this isn't on tape. Then once I stopped the tire, I thought too bad there isn't a picture of me down here.

I'm so glad I changed into my running shoes instead of doing all this in my high heels.

Once the car was loaded, we headed to Five Guys for dinner. It was about 8pm by this time.
Once I got home, I packed my gear, changed into my PJs, and left for my parents house. I decided I would rather sleep at their house than leave the house at 6am to get to the race on-time.
I got to my parents and my mom said it was late so she was already in her jammies. I was too. I got there around 10:35 and we ended up staying up until 12:30 or so talking and watching TV.

My day ended with me falling asleep while playing gameboy.   I'd say I had a pretty eventful Friday.  How was your Friday? Did you do anything fun? The weather was great but I didn't even get to spend time outside besides walking to and from stores and chasing a tire.

5 comments:

  1. That does sound like an eventful Friday! I'm really sorry about the dentist. I haven't been in YEARS and I'm sure that I have tons of cavities, but I'm terrified and haven't made an appointment to go yet. Ugh.

    It looks like you got some great stuff at the stores! Yay for shopping! Hopefully that made the dentist stuff better. :)

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those cardigans! The colors are great, especially that minty-looking one. I'll definitely have to check out Kohls next time I get a chance. Were they cropped or full-length? I'm on a mission to find cute, colored cropped cardigans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd consider it cropped. It is almost full length but I assume it will shrink a little. Here is what it looks like on (taken at an awful angle because my husband was sitting)
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/SHgNameuYH4RmhYTgfE3lI28ckC7MIwWZA9waMWUKKo?feat=directlink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, just go and get it overwith.
    It was yay for shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be dental season. I went last Friday, too. Might be regretting it, though, because I got a filling patched and now that tooth hurts and it really didn't before; I was just paranoid.

    ReplyDelete