Friday, March 4, 2011

3/4/11 Run - 2 miles

I ran today. I wanted to run 6 miles and I ran 2.  The rain did not cooperate.

DistanceSplitSum
108:3008:30
209:0417:34
2.0300:1417:48
Avg pace08:46


Best quarter was 1:57 and worst was 2:23.  I'm a little proud of the 1:57 since it wasn't at a track.

For my 5k in 2 weeks... eek 2 weeks. I need to be faster than 8:30 pace the entire time... I do not think this will happen. I need to do speed work.


I had to do some errands today. I thought I'd go to work and run since it was supposed to rain all day. The weather was great and it wasn't raining.  Then I thought I could go to work and run that loop on my way home.  But the weather was so great and I hate the loop at work that I thought I should just come home and run the loop at home. I get home, change my clothes, go outside, and it immediately starts raining.  I go back upstairs thinking it'll just stop in a few minutes.  It did so I went running. About a mile out, it started to rain so I altered my route and headed home. It was supposed to rain hard and I didn't want to end up 3 miles from home at that point which is why I haded back home. I could suck it up and just plan to run in the rain but I just had too much to do to deal with that.  I also don't have a waterproof jacket yet.

After I got home, I stretched and then used the exercise bike for 5 minutes.  I was going to do 10 but I cut everything short (and I was on the phone and it was hard to catch my breath from my quicker run).

3 comments:

  1. Those timing charts are awesome. Do you have a good running playlist set-up (or even use an ipod) that you could post? I'm always curious to see what people are listening to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam, I don't have a playlist. I try to find some music and listen sometimes and never think it is good. I also want to know what others listen to. On reddit they posted some running playlists before but then I didn't pay attention. I wish I had now.

    I think I ran 3 times total in my life listening to music but the one time I used an ipod while on the treadmill it made running go by a little quicker so now I want a playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll see if I can think of some good suggestions....a good playlist will then help inspire you by reminding you of great runs from the past.

    I still remember my wicked Tiesto's Techno mix from my first 5K through Schenley Park...whenever I hear him now, it makes me want to run. Fast.

    ReplyDelete