Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 3 - Green (3.17.11)-Green Replaced Orange-St Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day (Green Day was moved early to accomodate)

Sweater: Express
Skirt: NY&Co.
Tights: We Love Colors
Shoes: Aldo (February 19, 2011 -$60)
Necklace: Lia Sophia
Earrings: Target

This outfit is very, very similar to a previous outfit but I did not plan it to be that way. I was going to wear pantyhose instead of tights. The shoes would have been different than last time too.
Well I put on the pantyhose only to notice a big runner down the leg. I then opened my tights / pantyhose drawer and there were no pantyhose in there. I used to have 4-5 pairs. A few got runners and the rest must have been in the wash.  Well then I remembered I had green tights. And since it is St. Patrick's Day, I figured all the green was more than allowed but was encouraged.

I'm not sure what I think about bone shoes with green tights with this outfit.  I have wanted shoes like this for so long but now I don't know how to wear them.

The skirt kept getting higher and higher all the time. If I pulled it down it was 1 inch above my knee. I am not sure why it kept riding up. Maybe I'm getting fatter, maybe it's the fact that I wore a different slip, maybe it's a sweater over it, or maybe it is something else. I don't really care why but I want it to stop.

This skirt is also the skirt that sometimes looks tan, sometimes gray, sometimes brownish, sometimes khaki, sometimes greenish. Well usually I pretend it is a shade of brown. Today I pretended it was gray. There were times I thought for sure it was gray so I picked good but then I see these pictures and it looks totally different.   Do you have anything that looks one color sometimes and another color a different time?   How do you decide which color it really is and how to match things to it?

At our group meeting today, my manager started talking about a service award. I kept wondering who it was for. Next thing I know it was for me. I've been there for 5 years. I didn't think it was me because I didn't think they did anything for 5 years.  I got a certificate and a letter from the CEO.  That was pretty much the only thing that wasn't awful all day.
Near the end of work, I left to go to dinner with Dave. We went to Olive Garden. Then I came back to work and worked far too long. I did not get my run in. I am already beating myself up over skipping 2 runs in a row. The weather was great today too.   I was going to come back from OG and run but I ate so much I felt like I wanted to throw up. I mean I still kind of feel like I'm going to throw up. I always eat too much there.

I was originally going to go run at lunch but Dave guilted me saying that we go out to lunch the last day of the week. Ugh. It makes me so mad. So I go to lunch but then I'm mad I'm not running. And I'm super busy at work and don't get the 3 million things done that I'm trying to work on. I also don't even start some of the things that I wanted to work on.
This was actually Poly last night. She was being very annoying. First it was fetch. Then it was get in the way of my keyboard. Then it was attack my hoodie strings.  Eeep she knows I'm complaining about her so she stopped sleeping on the floor and sat up and is staring at me.

5 comments:

  1. You went ALL OUT for the holiday, didn't you?! LOVE those tights. Seriously LOVE. I'm with you on the shoes. I don't think they look the best they could with those tights. Bone color is generally a neutral, but I think it's best used as the Spring or Summer version of nude, which is a better choice for all seasons and/or darker accessorizing. I'd wear these shoes with bare legs, jeans, and pastel or nude tights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to wear bone with pantyhose which goes to what you are saying.

    I remember throughout the winter people wore black tights on style blogs and wore bone/nude/even light gray shoes. I sometimes liked it sometimes didn't. But since I am not out of pantyhose or I've lost them, I had to try something else. Also my brown shoes don't fit anymore. But it was St Patty's day so I figured I could get away with looking a little silly.

    Quickly I'll show you 2 outfits I would wear bone shoes with right now and I need to figure out what else. http://colleen.akwire.net/_clothes/images/May24,2010big.jpg and http://colleen.akwire.net/_clothes/images/August31,2010big.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like my bone shoes. I have a pair of wedges and a pair of flats that are different shades but I like wearing them as neutrals most of all. It's a springy alternative to the plain black or brown pump without sacrificing style or professionalism. I really like the green on green today, especially since it's festive!

    Also, your skirt prob kept riding up because of the sweater pulled tight over it. As your sweater moves with you, it kind of sucks the skirt up under it. Try tucking it or not pulling your sweater down so tight to prevent riding.

    Great giveaway going on with freehippie!
    http://one-girl-vs-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool green tights and congrats on the 5 year service award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the green tights with the bone shoes: the combination actually makes the tights and shoes both stand out more! Browns, even if they're just slightly off-whites, look awesome with green. FWIW I think the green tights are much more impressive and interesting than boring ol' nude pantyhose.

    ReplyDelete