Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 1 - Pink (3.15.11)

Color Rotation Starts today.
Skirt: Kohl's (at least 5 years ago) (a pic from 4 years ago)
Shirt: NY&Co
Cami: Costco
Necklace: Charlotte Russe
Shoes: Famous Footwear
Earrings: Kohl's
Ring: Lia Sophia

I had a lot of trouble getting the skirt/shirt to work. I started untucked. I thought maybe I could add a belt. Nothing seemed to work right. My figure looks straight down but really I'm pretty curvy so I don't think I liked this combination. 

I thought I would break out of my comfort zone with a necklace and go over to my color wheel. Well the pink was lighter than pretty in pink so I got my color coach out and used the lighter pink and then saw that my necklace was a lot like sage shadow so I wore it. What do you think?  Now the third color on the color coach was more of a brown/tan versus a black. Oh well. 

These pictures are the worst. I went outside and saw some construction workers two doors down. I hate when people see me taking my picture but knew I had to take it. I just took a couple to be done. When I set up my tripod there were 3 guys. After taking my picture, I looked over as I was hurrying to my tripod and I saw over 10 guys just standing there looking at me.  I was on edge during all the pictures and have the worst expression on my face.
I had all kinds of nice ideas for things to do with this skirt to get nice pictures but instead I quickly tried this and failed because my face has a people are watching me look to it.
(If you want to see how I did the coloring above, check out my tutorial.)

I'll make a post later of the remixers so far. 

Grab the banner or button if you are participating. You can join at any time and just start with red tomorrow. Here are the rules.








Work was insanely busy with not even real work things but with NA-YGN things.  I got a card through internal mail today just thanking me for being a good friend! I always feel like I should send cards like that but never do. Then I went running with someone that I had just been emailing with. Not to worry it was at least a coworker so I wasn't concerned.  We slowly ran in the rain. I'll have a separate post about that later.

Right now my hair is in a towel from my shower and I didn't eat dinner yet so I better get going. I was hungry at 4:00 and it's 8 and I didn't eat yet.

4 comments:

  1. I agree that a belt might have helped, but I'm not sure what kind of belt, either. The colors look nice, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the scarf with the pink blouse. I know the frustration. I sometimes try a few things and nothing works and I am out of time so I just give up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angeline, I should have taken a close-up of the skirt because it had 2 little things on the side that then make the belt with a tucked in shirt look weird. But it is similar to this http://colleen.akwire.net/_clothes/images/September29,2010big.jpg on my khaki skirt.
    I almost felt like taking pictures of all my tries just to see if maybe in a picture they turned out better (or worse.)

    Daphne, I more just gave up. I could go on forever since we have flex time but I don't want to waste my day trying to get something perfect when I figure it'll never get perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit on you! I really like it, I'm not sure what you don't like. I think another option would be to put the skirt higher up on your waist and then belt it, with a paper bag effect. I really love that skirt and the green necklace with the pink shirt is perfect!!!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete