Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 11 - Orange (3.25.11)

 I forgot the arrow to my shirt. With 3 upper body arrows I thought I was covered. It is from Express in college at some point. Please forgive me.
I haven't worn this skirt since the Fall 30 for 30 and once I put it on, I remembered how I loved it. I can't believe I took so much time off from it. The only bad part is after my cat lies on it trying to stop me from going to work, I end up with cat hair on it.
The skirt is brown and black and I don't mix those colors. Also since it is both colors some stuff goes with brown and not black and vice versa and it makes my matching job harder.   I thought it was the only animal print thing I owned but I was wrong. I also have some animal print shoes. Well I mixed both of those. See the close-up shot. But from a distance both look brown in my opinion.
I wanted to wear my new orange earrings that I bought a week before but I can't find them. Yet another thing I've lost in the house.

I picked up Luchiano's pizza on the way home. I ate 6 pieces minus the pizza bones. 
 We watched American Idol. And when I say we, I mean Poly too.  Do your cats watch TV?


She watched the entire episode.
Then it was time to watch Grey's Anatomy.
So this is how I was reading on my netbook. Dave told me that means I'm old.
Poly got bored with the TV so she decided to watch the TV stand instead.
After TV it was time to pack up for my race. I was packing a change of clothes in my bag and Poly kept pulling the bag on the floor. She even pulled it on the floor when it was full of clothes.  I didn't end up taking it but at least I packed it up.
The race had me so nervous. I don't understand why I get nervous during races.
Over 6 years, the shirt hasn't been remixed many ways. (Look how all my dress pants were way too big.)

  1. Light pick button down shirt (2007)
  2. Red Cardigan (2010)
  3. Orange Tee (2005 or earlier)
  4. Yellow Loft Tee (2009)
  5. Dark Green Express Sweater (2010)
  6. Blue and Red Striped Sweater (2010)
  7. Purple Short Sleeve Loft Tee (2009)
  8. Black and white print skirt (2005)
  9. Pink Express Tee (2009)
  10. Red Express Sweater (2007)
  11. Orange Express Tee (2005 or earlier)

19 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! And calling the pizza crusts "bones" is awesome. I'm going to have to start doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, Thank you.

    I thought everyone called them that. I only recently started referring to my pizza bones out loud though so I'm not even sure if I've heard other people say it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and Ashley I think my millions of pictures give away that I was really happy with the outfit. I took way more than normal and I liked every single one. I can't remember a day that I liked every single one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed almost out loud when I read pizza bones. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsay, I really don't know what is so funny about pizza bones. Don't you call them that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shoes are really flattering! :) I love the mixed black and brown and the animal print ties it all together. Good job showcasing orange in an unusual way!
    http://one-girl-vs-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're looking very put-together here! Elegant :-D

    Also, now I want a pizza... Great ;-)

    Relatable Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Lili. I didn't even take a picture of the pizza. I ate it before realizing the lack of picture. I'm surprised the crust makes you want pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laurelann, thanks. Most people actually wear shoes with more of a stiletto heel so I was worried when I bought them.

    What is a usual way to showcase orange?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look absolutely STUNNING!!! Love this outfit and the belt is awesome!

    We had to put our kitty to sleep over the weekend, while I was home visiting my family. It was REALLY tough. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Kimberly.

    I saw some tweets about your kitty but was slightly confused by them. I felt like I wasn't 100% sure what was going on and thought perhaps I missed a few tweets. I am so sorry to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this outfit. Question about long belts, though: is that what we're supposed to do with them? Because all this time I've always let the end just hang off and be long and look dumb, and now I see that you can knot.


    Re: netbook

    Ha. Couldn't that just mean you forgot your contacts, though?

    Reef watches TV and barks/grumbles at every animal and doorbell.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Callie, I see on some blogs that people half knot it half let it dangle down. Also I tried to use a ponytail holder to kind of hide up the end and it looked stupid so I went with the knot. The braided belts are better for knots. The leather ones are too tricky.

    netbook: I don't have contacts. Maybe my eyes are just plain old bad. I claim the screen is too small. I also have the resolution set to the smallest.

    Aww Reef!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Re: contacts
    Really? I just assumed because both your brothers use some form of vision correction that you do, too. Although I'm the only one of my siblings who needs glasses, so I should've considered that.

    Netbook screens are small, regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blogger = giving me trouble tonight. another comment gone. I'll copy this entry before clicking post to teach them a lesson

    Everyone in my family needs contacts/glasses but not me. I never had a real eye exam from an eye doctor but at regular doctor I could read the bottom line. But back in my prime I could pick people out across Three River's Stadium. I told my parents what these people we knew were wearing. They got out the binoculars and after a long time figured it out and I was right.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha - holy cow!

    I had no idea. You and William. He can be in the woods and tell a deer's legs from a bunch of sticks from 400 yards away, while all I can see is a brown blur. He is also an eye-chart bottom-line-reader.

    #luckies

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope I'm still a bottom line reader. I haven't had a decent test in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  18. it's very cute, love the shape of the skirt as well.

    I think the pizza crusts are my fav part.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Little Lovables.

    Those pizza crusts sure were popular in this post.

    ReplyDelete