Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 18: February 21 - E-Week Presentation (and Day 19)

I'm pretty sure this could be outfits 2018 and 2119. I had the blazer on in the morning and no blazer in the afternoon. (Sometimes I swear the hardest part of this challenge is figuring out which outfit day I'm on.)

Shoes: JCP
Skirt: F21
Shirt: Express
Blazer: Sears
Necklace: Sears
Umbrella: Carnegie Mellon

What didn't work: 
I think the black and white were too blah looking. I should have worn some color under the blazer like I have done in the past. (I almost wore this outfit but realized I already wore it for the 30 for 30 so I couldn't wear it again.)
There wasn't enough red to balance the red of the shoes because my hair blocks most of the necklace.

Note it was raining in the morning. I wish I would have known we were going to get an insane amount of snow because I would have taken boots to work with me instead of those red shoes.

Details of the Day:
At work there was a speaker for E-Week. This speaker was Dr. Sam Cerni. He presented to ANS earlier and the presentation was basically the same. Dr. Cerni was excellent at his presentation. Everyone listened intently which is rare for every single person to be so interested in the presentation especially with a group of about 300 people.  I introduced him and did not do so well. Then I presented him with a paperweight that was inscribed. That ended up even worse. My public speaking skills aren't the best. Then my public speaking skills into a microphone while being photographed and videotaped is even worse. The worst part of it all is that other sites are playing the DVD to employees.  I can't even bring myself to watch my introduction to see how bad it is.

Right before I was about to speak for the first time, I got a text message from my husband making me more nervous. He always likes to do that, but it is very annoying.

Nothing else went on in my day except normal workday stuff, which included computer issues.  I was afraid every time I saw anyone I knew that they would tell me they saw the presentation in the morning and would tell me how awful I did.

So after work there was supposed to be a team building event with a group at work but because of the snow that didn't happen. I really wished I had my gym bag at work. So not only did I not get home until 11, but I didn't get a workout in and I wasn't productive all evening.

4 comments:

  1. Yep, the outfit is great but color up around your face would make a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Judy. Also what is funny if you look at basically what I wore for all of December I have color by my face in almost all the days. http://colleen.akwire.net/_clothes/?month=2&year=2011&q=View+Month

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought it the day after Christmas at F21. It is hard to find to the knee skirts there.

    http://scrapandrun.blogspot.com/2010/12/shopping-122610.html

    ReplyDelete