Friday, September 24, 2010

Chicken Parmesan Recipe

Before we cooked, I saw Poly resting in her new home.
This recipe is based on memory.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Get 3 bowls ready with flour, egg, and seasoned bread crumbs.
I used 2 eggs. The rest I had no amounts.
Pound down the chicken.  1 chicken breast.  Cut the breast in half and half again. In the picture above it's just after the first cut and the pounding.  I need a hammer of some sort. Using my palm to pound it down hurts by the end.
Heat the skillet on the stove on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
Put 2 tablespoons of oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in the pan (note I had to add more butter by the end)
Put chicken in flower, egg, then breadcrumbs making sure to cover thoroughly.  Put in pan. 
Do not cover all pieces of chicken. Cover 1 at a time, adding them to the pan 1 at a time. 
After 2 minutes in the pan rotate them. (like the edge that is in the center goes toward the edge. do not flip)
After 2-3 minutes flip
After 2 minutes rotate
After 2-3 minutes, they are done (if you were not doing chicken parm you would have to ensure they were 100% cooked but you do not have to here. 
Get a 13x9 dish. Cover the bottom in sauce.
Place chicken on dish.
Top with sauce and mozzarella cheese
Put in the oven for 15 minutes
Then it's time for your helper to rest.

I started the water for the pasta maybe a few minutes before I put the chicken in the oven. It boiled a few minutes early so I would have been OK. I was making "cut spaghetti" which takes 7 minutes to cook.
Put the meat on to cook and the water on to boil. ( I prefer slightly under 1/2 lb of meat. 1/3 lb is perfect but Dave likes a little more. This time I used .6 lb. The guy rounded high instead of low.)
Stir the meat and season. I use a ton of garlic, pepper, and basil. I use a little bit of onion powder and chili powder.
Once the meat is cooked, drain the grease.
Add sauce.
Season (I use the same seasoning as above plus oregano.
And it is all done within 20 seconds of each other.
Enjoy
Yup that mound of spaghetti is mine
Look how beautiful and moist the chicken is
Then have some pumpkin roll for dessert that was purchased from Giant Eagle.

This is the first time I ever made chicken parmesan. Dave made chicken parmesan once last summer. That was a day he cooked while I was mowing.  I have a ton of leftover pasta and a ton of leftover chicken. Too bad Dave won't eat any of it. I have too many leftovers.
I have to say it turned out better than almost every single restaurant I've had it in.

PS I only cooked so that I could take pictures of the process and final product to post on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment