Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Run on Labor Day - September 6

My 5 mile run turned into a run then an interval run for a total of 5 miles but then that changed to only a 2.25 mile run. 
I ran 1/2 mile, stretched, 
ran 1/2
jogged 1/4 mile
ran 1/4 mile hard. 
jogged 1/4 mile
ran 1/4 mile hard. 
jogged 1/8 mil
ran 1/8 mile

With all the jogging my 2nd mile only took me 9:08. I was impressed with that.  At least SOMETHING finally impressed me. 
My first mile was 8:09. That wasn't too bad. 
My last 1/4 if extrapolated to a mile would have been over 10 minutes. :(
If you read things online they tell you if you run faster, you burn more calories. At the speed I run, It makes it out like I should burn 12 cal/min (METS) but I burn 9.  Every time I run it is 9. Even with my slower jogs it was 9.  If I hardcore use an exercise bike, I'm barely at 6 though.

The Nike+ shows my slower jogs and shows that my first slower jog wasn't as slow as my 2nd one. If you look at the data above, that is true too.  I love data.

For those keeping track 2.25 is less than half of what I was supposed to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment