Sunday, September 5, 2010

Overall 30 for 30 Summary

Above is 1 place where you can view all 30 of my outfits.
I have specific posts about how I wore the shoes, shirts, cardigans, dresses, and pants and skirts.
What other combinations should I have worn?
What accessories should have shown up more?  I know most days I totally forgot to put on accessories and I know they can make an outfit awesome and I still forget.
This shows how many times I wore each article of clothing listed for my 30 for 30.
I finished this competition later than others because I started it later. I also did not include weekends. Some people included weekends.  Then it took me about a week to get all my summary stuff up.  I half forget what I was going to write about for what I learned from this competition. I just wish there was more time in the day for blogging.

This challenge reiterated that you do not need a lot of clothes. You just need things that are very versatile. Accessories are awesome. I always know this but sometimes I need to be reminded.

I'm going through my closet today getting rid of crap that I don't wear. This challenge made me realize that I don't need to keep it around just in case. I can rework what I like to work for any occasion.

At first this competition was really hard. It was the hardest in the middle. I knew there were a lot of combinations left but I couldn't remember what I wore so far.  I made a collage after 20 (well 19) days and printed it out and had it on my dresser. For the next few days I wrote down what I wore on that. It helped. I really disliked being all ready for bed and having to go back to my computer to see if I wore an outfit or combination before.

I want to try to wear a wide variety of my clothes now and try to get use out of the rest of the things that I have. If I don't like it enough to wear to work (and it's dressy for work), it is going to goodwill (or the trash).

I need another challenge. Does anyone have any ideas?

If I ever do a 30 for 30 again, I will throw in a pair of jeans and sneakers and then count the weekends. I don't even need to throw in sneakers if my new flats that I bought today are comfortable enough.

I wonder if I will post less about my outfits now that 30 for 30 is over. I still always update them on my calendar site so I'm wondering if I should post them all on here too.

Maybe my next challenge should be working out instead of clothes. I fell off the wagon with my running and I have races coming up. Perhaps my mind can't focus on so many things at once.

PS I went to an all you can eat brunch today and I'm still stuffed from it. I can still taste the bacon in my mouth.

1 comment: