Sunday, September 12, 2010

5k Race - September 11

I ran a race that I didn't decide for sure to do until 2 days before and well I really didn't even decide for sure then.


41    Colleen McCloskey       Valencia  PA          495   26     3 F 20-29      26:43.7    8:37/M
I didn't do very well but I did well enough to place for my age group.  The age group was a 10 year span instead of the normal 5. 

1st and 2nd for my age group were over 2 minutes before me. 4th for my age group was over 2 minutes after me. See the official results for more details. 
You can tell I'm happy because my smile shows a lot of gums
They made us stand on podiums/boxes (whatever they are called) to get our awards.  They were decently high.
There are more pictures, but I probably put enough on here.  Brie came to cheer me on and take pictures. At the end I couldn't find her. I was looking as I was coming in to finish. I thought for sure she was somewhere else and was missing a good opportunity for pictures. And yes this is what went through my head and not something about actually finishing and getting a good time. 

I finished in 26:43, which was better than my last race but worse than the one before that

A really small 8 year old finished about a minute after me. She impressed me.

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job! For not prepping much beforehand, placing third in your age group is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an intimidating longstride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have short stride pictures too that can cancel it out.

    ReplyDelete