Saturday, September 11, 2010

Race Summaries

Today I ran a 5k. I thought I did worse than before. I remembered making a summary file at one point. I couldn't find it. I did find the post where I discussed it. I was able to recreate up to that point easily then.

I had a lot more potential races but then I thought they were all too close together. Then I ended up not doing any that were near each other.

Below are summaries of my races.

My next race is a 10k.  Can I beat my time from last year? 
Keep in mind that the summary of my runs is much less than last year but maybe I'm in better shape than last year at this time.

I wanted my first half marathon to be under 2:00. I think I may run one November 7. I need to get into shape here so I can beat my time and also beat 2:00.

I think I trained better before because it was my first 10k and then my first half. Now I have done them both. I know they are doable. I need a new goal or something new. I'm signed up for the Pittsburgh Marathon in May 2011 but that so so far off to motivate me to do anything.  I need something. I need a running buddy. I am sick of my rut that I have had all summer.  The rut is not caused by my slower times, the slower times are because of the rut. But then the slower times make me more in a rut.
Photos taken by wonderful Brie
I need something in my head to keep my stride open like this.  Mostly it is half that. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I can't run with you, but I'm getting decent at the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So all the ones of me on the podium (if that's what it's called) are blocked but that photographer. So I asked a question on the race website if they are posting the pictures he took anywhere. I couldn't find a "contact us" or an actual email address. I hope someone answers.

    You do take good pictures.... even with dealing with people just getting in your way right when you want to take a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, people just would not acknowledge other photographers at this thing. It was ridiculous. It's like "Dude, I'm taking pictures! Move aside!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your charts! Seeing the details of the race right there with the results is really nice.

    Your first half marathon time is really impressive. I think halfs are my favorite distance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I think it was a little long but I only ran one and it was in the rain. I mean at one point it rained so hard, I couldn't keep my eyes open. I think 10k is a good distance but perhaps longer than that is the best.
    I don't have the speed to be able to do well at a 5k.

    ReplyDelete